Pokemon Black Battle Subway broken?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Eurasiam, Dec 10, 2010.

Dec 10, 2010
  1. Eurasiam
    OP

Newcomer Eurasiam Advanced Member

United States
    I've searched around a bit, but I haven't found anything exact to my problem. Seems when I used pokesav awhile ago, it for some reason broke the battle subway for me. I talk to the guy, things seem to hang, and he says "You need to pick 4 pokemon, except the banned pokemon". Any reason why this happens, and what causes it so i can avoid it? Also while the double battle subway worked one day, it doesn't today. The other subways work, except the double battle one, which is weird. Anyone got anything to help me out?

Also want to clarify, it doesn't crash, the guy just won't let me pick my pokemon. And if i can't pick my pokemon, i can't do the battle subway.

2. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Actually, it's 3 pokemon, isn't it? I'd try a full reformat of your card.

3. Eurasiam
    OP

United States
    I don't think its my card. I tried someone else's save, and the battle subway worked. I actually just used that someone's save and sav'd it to my old game's stats. I'll give it a try though. Fairly sure its something that i did in pokesav, but the only thing i did between then and there was change a move for one of my pokemon and change an ability to one that it can have. Nothing illegal or out of place.

4. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    Editing your pokemon's stats abilities or moves IS more or less illegal, esp in competitive play.

5. Eurasiam
    OP

United States
    I don't think its a big deal to put on a move/ability it can learn or just putting on the EVs instead of spending a good 3-4 hours to do it. And i'm pretty sure pokesav was made to save time. Also I don't do competitive play. And don't most people on youtube use pokesaved pokemon? Its why most of them have them all shiny half the time, or a whole team of shinies. Isn't that competitive? But that's besides the point. I'm just wondering if Pokesav ruins it in some way. Or am I just unlucky. pretty much what I want to know.

6. Kemonomimi

Newcomer Kemonomimi Newbie

United States
    It may not be a big deal to you or anyone else, but that does not change the fact that the Battle Subway will restrict some Pokemon, whether because of their species, or because their info doesn't match with their PID.

7. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines

Whoa, there, fella. Pokemon isn't about having 600+ shinies or crap. You're seriously asking me to believe you're modding you pokemon's stats just for the single player? Oh, come on. And any, I repeat ANY, multiplayer matchup is competitive. So yeah, it IS a pretty big deal for some people who prefer to catch, grind, and breed for their perfect pokemon.

8. XxEternityxX

Newcomer XxEternityxX Newbie

United States
    Are you making sure to put in the correct amount of EVs? a Pokemon can only have a maximum of 510 Evs so not all Stats can have 255 Evs.