Not open for further replies.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game doesn't really need a translation.

I have absolutely NO Japanese reading experience, and I've been able to tell what moves are what and how to get around without any trouble.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:

I have absolutely NO Japanese reading experience, and I've been able to tell what moves are what and how to get around without any trouble.
well people would actually like to keep their moves, instead of deleting one of your moves for a new move which you later try and find out its useless.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gamefreak94 said:
awssk8er said:

well people would actually like to keep their moves, instead of deleting one of your moves for a new move which you later try and find out its useless.

exactually

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kbf said:
gamefreak94 said:
awssk8er said:

exactually

LMAO! Is that really a word? But yeah what he said was true! We need at least a basic translation for attacks!

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude I HIGHLY doubt that! It's WAY old and That's way before the ROMS release....He's just trying to make money using hotfile

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
kbf said:
*link*

is this legit? i would be carful though.

DOWNLOAD AT OWN RISK COULD BE A VIRUS

I am downloading now to see if it really has a english patch in it...

The link is from July.

QUOTE(jayparadox @ Sep 19 2010, 07:56 PM) I think you guys missed my last message...

The text files in the NARC are encrypted with a pseudorandom xor mask code. This code is different to the one in D/P/Pt and HG/SS, so "thenewpoketext" needs to be updated with the new code. No one can HEX edit the text files.
How do you know this? Is it the same algorithm as D/P/Pt just with a different key?

shiny_latios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some pretty clever people are still trying to find the right files, the ROM structure has changed, yet again so its gonna take a while, be patient they think they've found the menu text which is a start, please just be patient

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
loserkidsblink182 said:
I'm semi-familiar with hex editing.

And I just started Rosetta Stone a few weeks ago.

So. If anybody needs "the boys drink water" translated, let me know.

LMAO!!!!! Nice....I would love to help in editing but I have no experience....but I am a fast learner. I finish translating the options menu earlier...but I don't think anyone would care about that

EDIT: off topic...but does anyone know how to view a single post

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys listen. People are actually moving really fast so far about doing this, the rom has been out for 3 days and people have been able to find sources for menu's, moves etc. even though its a new rom structure which is different from D/P/Pt. So yeah people are taking steps in the right direction.

Ps: Im sorta talking out my ass here because i dont have a clue about anything that is going on, im just trying to help people lol.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Good let us know when you have changed all the menus to English and tell us where the link is but you must have tested it first to make sure it works lol.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
i haven't hacked the menus into english....just translated them. I didn't know if anyone had did them yet before me...I've only done the main menu (which wasn't that hard) and most of the options menu. I'll do the others if no one has.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
with all this effort going into, probably. I'd say be patience or help out.

EDIT
Heres what I've gotten in my translations as far as menu. Most of it was common sense to someone whos played pokemon for years, but yeah. Not sure if anyones done them yet. Anything with a (?) means I'm not sure and I just made a guess. Anything left in Hiragana/Katakana means I have no clue what it is

Main Menu
-Continue
--[Trainer Pic] [Trainer Name]
[Location]
Badges [Number of Badges] Pokedex [Number of pokemon seen]
Play time [hours:minutes]
-Start New Game
-Mystery Gift
-Wifi Setup
-???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c