Not open for further replies.

GammaForce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NahuelDS said:
Doing a translation of a game that everyone knows that IT WILL BE TRANSLATED in sometime is usseles.
If you want to make a translation, use your time in a game that never will be translated (like the games of Tales Of Namco saga).

Anyway, this is ony a advice... it´s your time, if you want to waste it... fine.

It's still helpful to many and is there a guarantee that we' ll get past thy AP on the U release

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
The text files in the NARC are encrypted with a pseudorandom xor mask code. This code is different to the one in D/P/Pt and HG/SS, so "thenewpoketext" needs to be updated with the new code.

Andrecito77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And also, who said we are JUSt gonna do a translation? i was planning to right off make my own version called Pokemon Vortex.. (BTW nobody can use that name! Called it as of 9/19/2010 at 6:37 Central Time USA!)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Andrecito77 said:
And also, who said we are JUSt gonna do a translation? i was planning to right off make my own version called Pokemon Vortex.. (BTW nobody can use that name! Called it as of 9/19/2010 at 6:37 Central Time USA!)
you can make Pokemon Grey and them sue nintendo for "stealing" your idea

Andrecito77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
Andrecito77 said:
you can make Pokemon Grey and them sue nintendo for "stealing" your idea

lol yea

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
saulislegit said:
kosheh said:
If you didn't see in the other topic, I'm just editing the attack types and statuses for now, because that's the easiest thing to modify atm.
pokemonblackjguineapig3.png

Things that require more Photoshop work come later. But, once I do these little status things (which in the grand scheme isn't that much), I'll upload a patch...which, be aware it's only for Pokemon Black. if someone wants to make one for white, go right ahead, but I won't right now lol
Sweet! I have Black! Please let me know when your going to do this
wink.gif
are you doing attacks as well or only the status things
Well, I did all the movetypes, but my type-bubbles look a little ugly since I modified them from DPP type-bubbles...so yeah, some of the typings got squished up.
I'm not actually going to do the attacks YET - mainly because I don't KNOW how to translate those (like everyone else in this topic)
I'm gonna do the typings, the little status things, and any other imagey stuff I can grab out of the game so far.
I found these four weird types ingame that don't look like types - they look more like status changes but they're...well, the images are shaped like the type boxes.
tongue.gif

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a question.

say in a hex editor the word scratch is 123456 in japanese but in english it is 654321 could I not just replace it?

if anyone gets what I am at I mean...in terms of changing it.

Andrecito77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
saulislegit said:
kosheh said:
If you didn't see in the other topic, I'm just editing the attack types and statuses for now, because that's the easiest thing to modify atm.
pokemonblackjguineapig3.png

Things that require more Photoshop work come later. But, once I do these little status things (which in the grand scheme isn't that much), I'll upload a patch...which, be aware it's only for Pokemon Black. if someone wants to make one for white, go right ahead, but I won't right now lol
Sweet! I have Black! Please let me know when your going to do this
wink.gif
are you doing attacks as well or only the status things
Well, I did all the movetypes, but my type-bubbles look a little ugly since I modified them from DPP type-bubbles...so yeah, some of the typings got squished up.
I'm not actually going to do the attacks YET - mainly because I don't KNOW how to translate those (like everyone else in this topic)
I'm gonna do the typings, the little status things, and any other imagey stuff I can grab out of the game so far.
I found these four weird types ingame that don't look like types - they look more like status changes but they're...well, the images are shaped like the type boxes.
tongue.gif

So how did you do this?

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many times are people gonna be all "why dont you translate a game that'll never be translated"

We get it, and no one cares, really. Just saying.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
I think you guys missed my last message...

The text files in the NARC are encrypted with a pseudorandom xor mask code. This code is different to the one in D/P/Pt and HG/SS, so "thenewpoketext" needs to be updated with the new code. No one can HEX edit the text files.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we got your message well I did anyway so at the time I will just mess around with pokemon diamond lol.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The unnamed files are NARC files that are LZ77 encrypted. Decrypt them, modify them in a tile editor like Tile Molester, save them, encrypt, reinsert.

shizzam magic pokepictures

This is all theorycraft beyond this point. Take it with a grain of salt, 'coz I'm gonna be straight-up - it seems a lot of people posting in some of these topics have no idea how romhacking works and they want to just 1-2-instant hack...when it's not really that easy.
Those who are reading these topics knowing what you're doing - you know who you are - have to be agreeing with me right now lol.
----
It seems in this gen the pictures are less "protected" than the game text. It's pretty simple in theory - they use a new offset in the hex tables (kind of like how they did it all weird in Ruby and Sapphire back in the day) that's different from D/P and HG/SS.
basically, make a text table (someone already posted their results from a memory dump didn't they) and use it in a hex editor that supports hex tables. Thingy32's what I have in mind but I don't think anyone uses that anymore, lmao.
I think we're gonna need that same guy to figure out the Roman letter addresses - but I've got a hunch that they're two-byte letters...which is REALLY gonna suck ass if we just go ghetto and change the text, 'coz we're gonna have a bunch of "Wld SMGLF apprd!!!" if we don't do any text parsing. ):

EDIT: or what jay said, lol

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iambananaballsso said:
did anyone figure out how to convert the japanese language words used in B/W to hex codes?
You don't 'convert' them. You change the encoding from ANSI to UTF-8 or -16 or Unicode depending on how your Hex Editor works.
You're not going to see a Japanese character be displayed as the same value of an English letter though.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know a site were i can basiclly look up all the data for hex editing for games? i'd like to work on my hexing skills and try to edit some text in pkmn diamond or something.

Octos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, too bad about the new coding. I hope the translators focus on the move list first, that's all I really need, and of course its the most difficult to do apparently. Boo.

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Octos said:
Aw, too bad about the new coding. I hope the translators focus on the move list first, that's all I really need, and of course its the most difficult to do apparently. Boo.
it's pretty easy actually. just look at the type and stats of the move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...