Not open for further replies.

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
How bout this. Team up, stop QQing about grammar issues and make a good translation for the public. What's the point of fighting with one another? You're going to have to accept that flaming and anger and begging is all a big part of the job. If you can't accept that, there isn't a reason to hack. That's all I've seen so far.
Well done

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ryukouki said:
How bout this. Team up, stop QQing about grammar issues and make a good translation for the public. What's the point of fighting with one another? You're going to have to accept that flaming and anger and begging is all a big part of the job. If you can't accept that, there isn't a reason to hack. That's all I've seen so far.

'Retweeted by you.'

Oh wait....

Well, anyways, first hackers need to see where the specific locations of the text are to translate it, since it's using completely different code from HG/SS/4 gen games, etc...

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
First, I'm not making a hack nor am I a part of a group that is. Second, I wouldn't trust a translation from someone who spelled sentences wrong whilst saying that their grammar is perfect.

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBK: Someones already secified all the Locations for that! It's In a different page Let me Get it: a/0/
a/0/0/2 IS THE SCRIPT!!!!!
a/0/0/4 Pokemon Sprites
a/0/0/7 In-menu Pokemon sprites
a/0/0/8 In-menu Pokemon sprites
a/0/1/1 Contains the images for the fight menu/Model data for battle stages]
a/0/1/4 *Are the overworld BTX files
a/0/2/5 Item sprites
a/0/3/0 [Touchscreen status]
a/0/3/1 Player sprites
a/0/3/2 NPC sprites
a/0/4/1 Trainer sprites in combat
a/0/5/2 Pokemon Sprites
a/0/5/5 Pokemon types / movement type
a/0/8/3 [Pokemon status menu]
a/0/8/5 World map

a/1/
a/1/1/8 Keyboard
a/1/2/0 Wifi club screen
a/1/2/4 Pokemon types / movement type
a/1/3/1 [Character Artworks]
a/1/3/7 Battle Recorder
a/1/3/9 DSi / DSi XL / LL Menu Screen
a/1/4/3 Game Sync Screens
a/1/5/1 Season Screens (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
a/1/6/4 Copyright Screen
a/1/7/0 Player and his friend's Pictures
a/1/7/1 CGear
a/1/7/3 Balloons
a/1/8/4 Trainer Sprites
a/1/8/7 Mysterious Person 'N'
a/1/9/7 Wifi and Wifi related models (example, world globe)

a/2/
a/2/0/1 [Certificate]
a/2/0/2 [Certificate]
a/2/0/5 [Starter's pictures/3D Models]
a/2/0/6 Battle Subway Map
a/2/0/7 Has model data (same as below)
a/2/1/0
a/2/1/7
a/2/1/8
a/2/1/9
a/2/2/0 ['The End' Screen/3D Models]
a/2/2/2
a/2/2/8
a/2/2/9
a/2/3/0 Has MDL0 files (3d models)
a/2/4/4 Some Text (not the Script)

hope that helps?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather have SOME translation over none at all. At least he's being nice to attempt something like this. What he's aiming to translate are minute little phrases and stuff like menus. Translating that won't really require a lot of grammar, especially since older stuff can just be copy/pasted from older generations, no?

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so saluislegit that means what someone has already translated? sorry I am confused.

Jono1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I located the stuff like battle menu. I noticed that a lot of stuff has already been translated to english, is this normal?

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure! I think it's the files where you can edit and change the text! That's what I'm thinking....and ryu I thought about that to make things faster but who's gonna do it?????!!!!

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if someone has trnalsated the menus and attacks would they mind uploading it? I don't really need the text edited but the moves and items are making me pull my hair out trying to think what they all are.

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jono1250 said:
Ok, so I located the stuff like battle menu. I noticed that a lot of stuff has already been translated to english, is this normal?
Wait so your saying most of the stuff is already translated?!

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
I'd rather have SOME translation over none at all. At least he's being nice to attempt something like this. What he's aiming to translate are minute little phrases and stuff like menus. Translating that won't really require a lot of grammar, especially since older stuff can just be copy/pasted from older generations, no?
Fair enough he's trying to do something, and I respect him for that. But he criticized someones English while making mistakes of his own and claimed his grammar was perfect while it was clearly not, as I pointed out. But this is getting off topic.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I to would be happy with just a simple translation of attacks and menus.

I remember somewhere in this topic someone uploaded a guide on how to hack basiclly but i dont remember where I would try and translate myself can someone link me again please?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Ryukouki said:
Fair enough he's trying to do something, and I respect him for that. But he criticized someones English while making mistakes of his own and claimed his grammar was perfect while it was clearly not, as I pointed out. But this is getting off topic.

I understand what you're saying. I really do. Sure, he went a little off topic and railed off with the grammar thing. I'm assuming that he's just in a bad way. These games are the most popular DS games out, and you gotta cut him some slack. The pressure of the work is pretty huge. I've been in the driver seat too, and it sucks nuts, having a large ass group bitching and moaning for more. It's not a nice place to be.

EDIT: Now, on topic, I think that there's potential here! Come on guys, good luck and don't be peeved by the whining people! Just do what you do and have fun in the process!

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kbf said:

I remember somewhere in this topic someone uploaded a guide on how to hack basiclly but i dont remember where I would try and translate myself can someone link me again please?
I'd preferably want a menu/attack/Pokemon/Items translation but a Attack/Menu translation would be fine. Personally I think it should be:
1. Attacks. Gotta know what your using?
2. Menu. Obvious reasons.
3. Items. It's frustrating having to figure out what your using by a Picture
4. Pokemon. You can recognise most of them by picture, contradictory to the items.

GlenMcCarthy1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think well should all just be more patient and wait i'm sure who ever's translating the game is going as fast as he or she can

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
kbf said:

I'd preferably want a menu/attack/Pokemon/Items translation but a Attack/Menu translation would be fine. Personally I think it should be:
4. Pokemon. You can recognise most of them by picture, contradictory to the items.

yeah that be good.

but apparnantly smogon already has much of it translated from what I heard you guys.

Jono1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
johnnydaman said:
Jono1250 said:
Wait so your saying most of the stuff is already translated?!

Well in a/0/1/1 (Contains the images for the fight menu/Model data for battle stages) at least, I can make out what seems to be the battle screen, (in the colours grey and black) all jumbled up and I can make out the words "fight", "Pokemon" and "Run" all in ENGLISH. Here is a screeny.

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae72/Jo...ng?t=1284930302

Neobenedict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I suggested: Team up here;
QUOTE said:
irc.thefifthera.net
#blackwhite_hacking
Go get mibbit or something. Btw:
69 Seismic Toss chikyuunage ??????
When I translate the japanese out of that I get E5 or something (the ? character), how to I go around this?

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess nobody is listening to me.

I SAID I WILL TRANSLATE IT IF SOMEONE JUST SENDS ME THAT GUIDE TO ROM HACKING.

:/

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
kbf said:

I AGREE! That's all we need! We don't really need the pokemon names translated! I hope someones started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo