Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiiRym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously if the English is gonna be officially released after jp's realease don't start a translation patch cause by the time your done it's out already xP

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KaiiRym said:
Seriously if the English is gonna be officially released after jp's realease don't start a translation patch cause by the time your done it's out already xP
Trust me, this translation will never be finished. These sort of translations are only to hold back the fans until the localized release.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a partial translation could be completed within 2 months and the game with take at least 6-7 extra months to come out. It's worth the translation and somebody will do it.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone does a translation they should probably name the pokemon, the items, and the moves. Also can't you just use google to get a rough translation of the text? or is that not possible? Anyways the text isn't the most important thing.

atoxic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with BW is that the files are all messed up. No more msg.narc, but files names in single digits from 0/0/0 to 2/3/4. Also, I think the tables are changed too. あ is now 0x3042 (or the other way, not sure which endian these files are in)

I tried finding ポケモン encoded in the new table (0x30dd 0x30b1 0x30e2 0x30f3) in all of these files, both ways, but I couldn't get a hit. The files might also be compressed

Edit: and that was right, all of those files are NARC files

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this noob flood isn't that bad, mabye a menu translation will slow this noob flood

it's funny how they just keep saying and asking the same thing over and over

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
link_991 said:
Anyone else notice this topic is from July?

You know....I didn't til you said that, but I'm actually enjoying this game.....a menu and move translation would not be bad. I'm think of translating what I can just to brush on my japanese.

EDIT
This is a tad bit off topic....I just translated the menu (which wasn't hard knowing what half of the dang thing was) but why does it use katakana and hirigana.....like (correct me if im wrong....im just a novice to this japanese stuff) pokedex (zukan) and options (setsutei) are written in hirigana but pokemon and save, bag (bashige), and save (repooto) are written in katakana.......

EDIT (again)
I am not doing a translation patch.....Im just translating it for myself in my spare time to help me with my japanese. sorry if I misled.

jjangu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
link_991 said:
Anyone else notice this topic is from July?

You know....I didn't til you said that, but I'm actually enjoying this game.....a menu and move translation would not be bad. I'm think of translating what I can just to brush on my japanese.

EDIT
This is a tad bit off topic....I just translated the menu (which wasn't hard knowing what half of the dang thing was) but why does it use katakana and hirigana.....like (correct me if im wrong....im just a novice to this japanese stuff) pokedex (zukan) and options (setsutei) are written in hirigana but pokemon and save, bag (bashige), and save (repooto) are written in katakana.......
foreign words are usually written in katakana while native words are written in hirigana
pokedex in japanese is just encyclopedia
and please, just stop
source: being japanese

shiny_latios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm up for trying to translate moves and the menu, if someone can point me in the right direction of extracting from the narcs and editing the files. Makes me sound like a n00b I know but I will try amongst my spare time

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tails100 said:
Meh, id google translate everything till the English version comes out, im fine with the errors in google translate.

You may as well play it in Japanese if you use Google Translate.
By time you accurately make everything understandable, it'll be time for the English version to come out.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shiny_latios said:
I'm up for trying to translate moves and the menu, if someone can point me in the right direction of extracting from the narcs and editing the files. Makes me sound like a n00b I know but I will try amongst my spare time
I'm in the same boat. I am willing to translate the menus and such, but I need to know what .narc files have the game text. :/

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm...I got a PM from a member who read my previous post and thought I was doing a translation patch but what I meant was I was translating the game on paper for myself to help me learn japanese...Though, as I told the guy who sent me the PM, if someone were seriously considering it...I"d love to help if I could....I just don't have any hacking experience and I've just started learning japanese so I don't trust my translations completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol