Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 - whole new story and features

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The first images and details for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 are coming from various Japanese boards. We're still in the process of translating so please bear with us as we add information to this update. First we have images of the box arts and details confirming that this is not a different coloured game but has a whole new story and features. For larger images, click the thumbnails below.

corocoro3122big.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Will be updating this thread as more info comes from the scans.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A whole new story? Wow, I can't wait to hear more of that compelling Pokemon narrative!

Oh, and $10 says these "new features" are probably more mini-games or the same "new features" that every Yellow/Crystal/Emerald game has had.

Also, a source would be appreciated.

Reactions: 9 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A whole new story? Wow, I can't wait to hear more of that compelling Pokemon narrative!

Oh, and $10 says these "new features" are probably more mini-games or the same "new features" that every Yellow/Crystal/Emerald game has had.

Also, a source would be appreciated.
EXPECTED new features would be standard things found in a third version like trainer/gym leader rematches, move tutors, improved learnsets for pokémon, and importantly the release of 5th generation dream world pokémon.

So it does actually have a significant impact on the competitive multiplayer.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm going to get Black version 2 because of that awesome cover!
why does everyone like black? RACIIIST!!!!
I kinda like that boxart
I'll be going for Black2 since my primary version was Black, which I chose for Reshiram.
I've been playing White off and on a bit as well but I've kinda halted just before the 8th gym for some reason, gotta finish that game sometime.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I kinda like that boxart
I hate that boxart, you're such a troll =D (Just look at your sig if you don't get it)

Anyway... it's just another Pokemon game, sure, I'll get it and play it, although, my first ever game, Sapphire, I easily clocked 200+ hours. Ever since then, the hours is less and less, (Mind you, I did play the older games, just not first) The only time I'm gonna be REALLY excited for a Pokemon game is when they release a remake of Sapphire/Ruby + Emerald...

Reason for edit: Fixed typo.

Reactions: 1 person

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly hope that this isn't 'just another sequel' like Platinum or Emerald.

The content addition just doesn't make up for the lack of a different story. It gets boring after a point and you don't feel like playing it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I kinda like that boxart
I hate that boxart, you're such a troll =D (Just look at your sig if you don't get it)

Anyway... it's just another Pokemon game, sure, I'll get it and play it, although, my first ever game, Sapphire, I easily clocked 200+ hours. Ever since then, the hours is less and less, (Mind you, I did play the older games, just not first) The only time I'm gonna be REALLY excited for a Pokemon game is when they release a remake of Sapphire/Ruby + Emerald...

Reason for edit: Fixed typo.
The number of hours I've put into Ruby, Platinum, Soul Silver and Black, as well as spin-offs like Super Pokémon Rumble and Mystery Dungeon 2 Time/sky, yeah, easily spent over a thousand hours playing these things.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The content addition just doesn't make up for the lack of a different story. It gets boring after a point and you don't feel like playing it.
Emerald and Platinum were the third counterparts, they basically had the same storyline, but a slight twist.

Black&white 2 are true sequels, it may take place in the future like gold/silver to red/blue.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
heres the source for the images guys if you wanna watch closely and see if he posts more

http://twitter.com/#!/papico028

is it me or does the pokemon in the boxart look like a combo of all 3 pokemon

Actually, they are. One is Kyurem fused with Reshiram, and the other is Kyurem fused with Zekrom.

and i was saying how just the White dragon has a black hand and black bottom half of body

i think it might be a just a camera issue where it looks darker than it is

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Emerald and Platinum were the third counterparts, they basically had the same storyline, but a slight twist.

Black&white 2 are true sequels, it may take place in the future like gold/silver to red/blue.
Black/White already take place after Gold/Silver, you can visit the home of the unusual speaking ex-Rocket member who stole the machine part from Kanto's power plant.
He has a wife and a kid now, he's in Icirrus City and can only be visited during the winter.

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, I see.
Certainly looking forward to them in that case.
First day purchases. :P

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Black/White already take place after Gold/Silver, you can visit the home of the unusual speaking ex-Rocket member who stole the machine part from Kanto's power plant.
He has a wife and a kid now, he's in Icirrus City and can only be visited during the winter.
Yep, it may take it a little further ahead in time or could still be in the same time frame as black&white.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)