Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Debut Trailer

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By seeing this, I'm glad that Ninty didn't make it another remastered version of it's preceders. (like emerald on ruby and saph). It's a new game, and to be very honest, I'm now hyped as shit. New leaders, new area it seems and the trainer images seem to be animated now as well! So yeah, let it come.. If the translation project begins in june, I'll be there.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Definitely looks great. This is what Black and White 1 should've been. They seemed to have put a lot more detail into the atmosphere and ambiance of the game, which is awesome. I'll probably pick up Pokemon White 2 at launch, as this looks really promising.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh hahaha i meant r/s/e don't know where that b came from :)
Ummmm, don't you mean D/P/P? I don't recall an ice town in R/S/E :unsure:

Also this game looks like they did something right with Black and White. Black and White was nice, but the map was a huge circle, which was really lame. I see the circle is still there, but they did more to it! Either way, the game looks interesting and I am buying it when it comes out.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The beautiful part is that B2/W2 will use B/W's code as a basis.
This means a translation of the immediate things like moves, pokémon names, items, abilities and such will be very easy to implement, making the game very playable from the get-go.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This means a translation of the immediate things like moves, pokémon names, items, abilities and such will be very easy to implement, making the game very playable from the get-go.
Dude, that's precisely why the release date for America and Europe is relatively short after the japanese games.

Reactions: 2 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude, that's precisely why the release date for America and Europe is relatively short after the japanese games.
Of course, I'm talking more about a fan-translation, a rom hack, enabling us to enjoy the game very shortly after the japanese release.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon gets better graphics every game.
The graphics in this one are pretty much the same as in B/W.
That's what I saw too -- it looked like exactly the same engine as B&W.

Beware the subliminal allure of clever video editing. :ninja:

Not taking anything away, it still has a fresh, exciting look to it.
But its coming from the artistic side of the game, not the technical.
Overall, more Japanese videogame craziness is always welcome in my book, so bring it on. :P
Its been the same engine since D/P
ewww Diamond/Pearl engine sucked, it was slow ass sluggish, graphics sucked. Platinum and HG/SS are probably developed on a similar engine as they both have slight improved graphics and much smoother over d/p. Then Black/white came and totally blew those away in terms of performance and graphics.

B/W have a much improved engine and I expect b/w 2 to use the same as it's finally perfect on the DS.

D

Deleted-236924

Overall, more Japanese videogame craziness is always welcome in my book, so bring it on. :P
ewww Diamond/Pearl engine sucked, it was slow ass sluggish, graphics sucked. Platinum and HG/SS are probably developed on a similar engine as they both have slight improved graphics and much smoother over d/p. Then Black/white came and totally blew those away in terms of performance and graphics.

B/W have a much improved engine and I expect b/w 2 to use the same as it's finally perfect on the DS.
QFT, the D/P engine was improved for Platinum and pretty much re-used for HG/SS.
Though I read that B/W used a similar engine, but I'm not sure. They were already in development before HG/SS were released, though.

D

Deleted User

Same engine, but more optimized, the camera was raised for B/W for outdoors.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Provide proof please :P, just fooling around, don't worry. ;)

The point is d/p engine sucked, improvements had to be made to the current engine and now newer Pokemon games run much smoother on the DS.

D

Deleted-236924

The point is d/p engine sucked, improvements had to be made to the current engine and now newer Pokemon games run much smoother on the DS.
For the record, D/P/Pt (and I believe HG/SS) ran at 30 FPS while B/W run at 60(?)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

For the record, D/P/Pt (and I believe HG/SS) ran at 30 FPS while B/W run at 60(?)
Based on records,
B/W overworld 30FPS
B/W menus/short clips 15FPS
B/W battles 60FPS

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokémon Smash, just a couple of hours ago, had some more reveals for B2/W2, like the intro, starting a new game, and bits of the first town and rival battle.
You can bet Youtube mirrors with some translated notes will be up in no time, the rival music sounds great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021