Gaming Pokemon Bank - Cannot Find Compatible Save Data from Ultra Moon cartridge

yukinoyojimbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I picked up a release physical copy of Ultra Moon years ago and like many folks who found out it was basically an enhanced re-hash of Sun/Moon kinda lost immediate interest... Now that about half a decade has gone by, my interest is back and I'm wondering when in the Ultra SM story my save becomes Bank-accessible?

I think I'm getting ready to move on to the second island ( about to surf a mantine), but Bank tells me no compatible save data is found. Then it follows with a message about "needing a pokedex," which... TBH I'm now afraid means that I need to literally beat the game and have access to the national pokedex first before having access to Bank.
Things to know-
  1. Tried on stock OS and now I'm on the latest version of Luma3DS
  2. I'm saved in a pokemon center
  3. Pokemon Bank is ver 1.5
  4. Pokemon Ultra Moon is ver 1.2
Any thoughts or help would be amazingly appreciated.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I picked up a release physical copy of Ultra Moon years ago and like many folks who found out it was basically an enhanced re-hash of Sun/Moon kinda lost immediate interest... Now that about half a decade has gone by, my interest is back and I'm wondering when in the Ultra SM story my save becomes Bank-accessible?

I think I'm getting ready to move on to the second island ( about to surf a mantine), but Bank tells me no compatible save data is found. Then it follows with a message about "needing a pokedex," which... TBH I'm now afraid means that I need to literally beat the game and have access to the national pokedex first before having access to Bank.
Things to know-
  1. Tried on stock OS and now I'm on the latest version of Luma3DS
  2. I'm saved in a pokemon center
  3. Pokemon Bank is ver 1.5
  4. Pokemon Ultra Moon is ver 1.2
Any thoughts or help would be amazingly appreciated.
Did you try using the Pokémon Bank with other Pokémon games? does it detect saves and can you transfer Pokémon to it/ from it?

Could be something with the cartridge.. can you rip the save with Checkpoint, and install a cia version of your game, either one you create yourself from your cartridge (though make sure to check the dump), or one from the internet.
Restore the save with Checkpoint, then try again with Pokémon Bank.

Also make sure you have installed the update for the game.
I'm pretty sure you're far in to the game, so no issue there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...