Gaming [Pokemon Violet 1.0.1] Save Data Unrecognized

moth_mann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is not about losing data due to a crash and no auto save. This is a full save data wipe.

If this game has just wiped my entire data with no way to get it back I will scream. I've played the game for 70+ hours with auto save on the entire time and had almost no problems aside from the occasional crash. But this is not right. I had completely finished the game and post game and was about to enter the Academy ace battle. I talked to the guy to get in, followed by 30 seconds of a black screen, then a full crash. When I went to back in the game I get this message.

"Save data in the Nintendo Switch couldn't be recognised. Please turn off the system, and then try again"

To be clear, this is even before I see the title screen, so I can't try the up+b+x trick I've been seeing. This is with the whole system itself.

So I've tried what it said. I fully shut down the switch and tried again multiple times and have gotten nothing. I've uninstalled pokemon violet from the system and reinstalled it and gotten nothing. I'm completely lost now and I don't exactly plan on playing the entire game again from scratch on a new account. If anyone has any kind of idea on how to fix this please tell me, because otherwise I just lost 70+ hours and a near full pokedex over a stupid crash

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not about losing data due to a crash and no auto save. This is a full save data wipe.

If this game has just wiped my entire data with no way to get it back I will scream. I've played the game for 70+ hours with auto save on the entire time and had almost no problems aside from the occasional crash. But this is not right. I had completely finished the game and post game and was about to enter the Academy ace battle. I talked to the guy to get in, followed by 30 seconds of a black screen, then a full crash. When I went to back in the game I get this message.

"Save data in the Nintendo Switch couldn't be recognised. Please turn off the system, and then try again"

To be clear, this is even before I see the title screen, so I can't try the up+b+x trick I've been seeing. This is with the whole system itself.

So I've tried what it said. I fully shut down the switch and tried again multiple times and have gotten nothing. I've uninstalled pokemon violet from the system and reinstalled it and gotten nothing. I'm completely lost now and I don't exactly plan on playing the entire game again from scratch on a new account. If anyone has any kind of idea on how to fix this please tell me, because otherwise I just lost 70+ hours and a near full pokedex over a stupid crash
Sorry for your loss. There’s not going to be a whole lot you can do to fix the random bullet careening through your game save. It could be partial corruption or complete obliteration. Your best bet would be to get a 100% save and reverse some progress so you can play through.

REVISED WITH BETTER INFORMATION

https://gameranx.com/features/id/40...ith-this-developer-code-crash-recovery-guide/

Is this on a legit game or a backup?

If playing a backup, we’re you on fat32 or exfat?

Last edited by binkinator,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No save backup? what you been running on Sysnand ? Emunand? FAT32 or exFAT same question as above?

moth_mann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for your loss. There’s not going to be a whole lot you can do to fix the random bullet careening through your game save. It could be partial corruption or complete obliteration. Your best bet would be to get a 100% save and reverse some progress so you can play through.

Is this on a legit game or a backup?

If playing a backup, we’re you on fat32 or exfat?
Its not a backup, its a legit game. I guess after I've gotten over it a bit I'd be fine to replay the whole game again, but even then I won't be able to play it on my main account because I can't completely delete the corrupted save. I'd have to make a new account just to play it all again

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not a backup, its a legit game. I guess after I've gotten over it a bit I'd be fine to replay the whole game again, but even then I won't be able to play it on my main account because I can't completely delete the corrupted save. I'd have to make a new account just to play it all again

So you got a retail copy?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Hayato213

Evoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the backup save file is intact? If you can RCM then there is perhaps a little hope... Firstly you need to boot into RCM and use lockpick_rcm to get your keys, once you've done that go back to RCM again and mount the SD card (use TegraRCM GUI), once mounted go to the drive and in the switch folder you should find prod.keys, copy this to somewhere safe you will need it shortly.

The next step is reboot back to RCM and mount the eMMC rawNAND (be very careful when doing this!).

Once you've got this far you need a tool called HacDiskMount which can be easily found on Google, once downloaded extract to a folder, while in this folder make a new file called "keys.txt" and open the prod.keys you copied earlier, copy the first 32 characters of "bis_key_02" and paste on line 1 in keys.txt, then the remaining 32 characters of "bis_key_02" on line 2.

Now you can run HacDiskMount (as admin) then under file -> Open physical drive you should see your switch listed as Linux something, if you don't then you need the APX driver installed. Select the Linux device and you should see a "USER" partition, double click this and hit Test Keys to make sure everything is as it should, if the keys work then select a drive letter and click "Mount". Now you can open that drive in Windows and access your save folder, sort my modified date and look for a file that's recent and is around 16mb.

Copy this file and unmount for the time being, now download a tool called hactoolnet (easily found from the same place as HacDiskMount). Copy your prod.keys and extracted save file to the same folder as hactoolnet, make a new folder called out then from cmd run the following command -

hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save 0000000000000033 --outdir out/0000000000000033
*replace 0000000000000033 with your file name

If it worked you'll have 3 files in the out folder, hopefully a main, backup and poke_trade - if so delete main, make a copy of backup and rename it to main again, then run the following command to replace the main file -

hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save 0000000000000033 --replacefile /main out/0000000000000033/main

If everything worked you can now remount the USER partition and replace the file, again be very careful when doing this! This is how I modify my game files and it's yet to let me down so hopefully it works for you!

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the backup save file is intact? If you can RCM then there is perhaps a little hope... Firstly you need to boot into RCM and use lockpick_rcm to get your keys, once you've done that go back to RCM again and mount the SD card (use TegraRCM GUI), once mounted go to the drive and in the switch folder you should find prod.keys, copy this to somewhere safe you will need it shortly.

The next step is reboot back to RCM and mount the eMMC rawNAND (be very careful when doing this!).

Once you've got this far you need a tool called HacDiskMount which can be easily found on Google, once downloaded extract to a folder, while in this folder make a new file called "keys.txt" and open the prod.keys you copied earlier, copy the first 32 characters of "bis_key_02" and paste on line 1 in keys.txt, then the remaining 32 characters of "bis_key_02" on line 2.

Now you can run HacDiskMount (as admin) then under file -> Open physical drive you should see your switch listed as Linux something, if you don't then you need the APX driver installed. Select the Linux device and you should see a "USER" partition, double click this and hit Test Keys to make sure everything is as it should, if the keys work then select a drive letter and click "Mount". Now you can open that drive in Windows and access your save folder, sort my modified date and look for a file that's recent and is around 16mb.

Copy this file and unmount for the time being, now download a tool called hactoolnet (easily found from the same place as HacDiskMount). Copy your prod.keys and extracted save file to the same folder as hactoolnet, make a new folder called out then from cmd run the following command -

hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save 0000000000000033 --outdir out/0000000000000033

If it worked you'll have 3 files in the out folder, hopefully a main, backup and poke_trade - if so delete main, make a copy of backup and rename it to main again, then run the following command to replace the main file -

hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save 0000000000000033 --replacefile /main out/0000000000000033/main

If everything worked you can now remount the USER partition and replace the file, again be very careful when doing this! This is how I modify my game files and it's yet to let me down so hopefully it works for you!
So the backup file is a copy of the main file? Do you know if it is a few revisions back?

You would think in the case of an unreadable main file that the game would try the backup. How else would a user get to it other than hacking?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the backup file is a copy of the main file? Do you know if it is a few revisions back?

You would think in the case of an unreadable main file that the game would try the backup. How else would a user get to it other than hacking?

The backup should have kick in if the main file wasn't working.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway Up+B+X works for some people worth a try to try that

Last edited by Hayato213,

Evoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah it's an exact 1-1 copy of the main file, though I'm not sure exactly how it works but it's worth trying if the save has 80 hours I think.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's an exact 1-1 copy of the main file, though I'm not sure exactly how it works but it's worth trying if the save has 80 hours I think.

This is what it says on bulbapedia

In Generation VIII by pressing the button ↑ + X + B combination in the title screen players can choose to load a backup save file. There's also no way to delete the saves in-game (but can be deleted in the console's settings).

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/...tion VIII by pressing,load a backup save file.

• Love

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what it says on bulbapedia

In Generation VIII by pressing the button ↑ + X + B combination in the title screen players can choose to load a backup save file. There's also no way to delete the saves in-game (but can be deleted in the console's settings).

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Save#:~:text=In Generation VIII by pressing,load a backup save file.
OMG! It’s true!

https://gameranx.com/features/id/40...ith-this-developer-code-crash-recovery-guide/

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users