Dive into a futuristic Pokémon universe where grammar no longer exists.
What is this and why would you do something like that?
Well, I watched a video on YouTube, which inspired me to create a web application that turns any text into nonsense. In order to achieve something similar, the application sends the input text to Google Translator where it is translated to a random language. The result will again be sent to Google Translator. After repeating this process, the text will be translated back to English, which often produces hilarious results or changes the meaning of the sentence completely.
In order to take this to the next level, I exported all the text files of Pokémon X and changed the application a bit to obfuscate all the lines seperately... and the result is absolutely insane! I will release this amazing piece of software later after fixing some bugs and cleaning up, so stay tuned!
- No Pokémon names are changed (the game crashed right at the beginning whenever I tried to change them, does anyone have an idea why?)
- Any text with dynamic variables cannot be changed, since Google Translator doesn't know how to process them and things would likely break
- Currently supported languages: English and German (more languages might be added in the future)
- I can only distribute the romfs for Pokémon X, since I don't own a copy of Pokémon Y. I don't know if a Pokémon X Romfs is compatible with Pokémon Y. However, you can create a custom build if that doesn't work for you (see below)!
- Follow this tutorial
- Overwrite the files of your romfs with the files in the .zip file (download link below)
- Boot up your HANS application on the 3DS and run it with the .romfs file (the option "Romfs -> SD" should be set to "Yes")
Note: I don't distribute the romfs directly anymore, so you'll have to dump your romfs using braindump and follow the instructions for overwriting you files.
- Follow this tutorial
- Download the current "gametext" and "storytext" file for your language: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rfgyef90y2epen/AADaJ3swkqrpkrVbXZe2E1q-a?dl=0
- After you opened pk3DS, click the "Game Text" button.
- Click "Import All (.txt)" and select the gametext_... file.
- Exit the Text Editor and repeat this step for the story text (now you need to import the storytext_... file, obviously)
- Follow the randomizer tutorial again to rebuild the Romfs.
Feel free to post suggestions and funny screenshots below!
Last edited by SkaillZ,