ROM Hack Pokemon B/W AP Discussion Thread

dk45p13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
So the games are out now. The noob flood is about to begin. Let's avoid that this time. This is a thread dedicated to fixing the anti-piracy measures on the ROMs.

We know it works perfectly on:
SuperCard DS2

And it doesn't work on:
Edge v2.1
AKAIO 1.8.5a
R4 Kernel 1.18
Wood R4 v1.25
M3 Sakura v3.9
CycloDS Evolution v2.1
DSTT/YSMenu v1.17a12
SuperCard DSONE/i EOS V1.0 SP6

The anti-piracy measures are:
Unable to load the rom
No experience points (EXP)
Union room error
Unable to encrypt

So, discuss! We don't want to flood the other threads, so please keep all posts relevant to the subject. Anyone that says "BUY THE GAME111!!!! :B" will be shot on sight.

I will be frequently checking this thread whenever I can and updating the first post with any major developments.

Correction it works perfectly for me on Wood R4 v1.25. runs smoothly. Rom loads. The only AP so far is No EXP. not sure about the rest, but im just going to wait till an AP patch comes out.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dk45p13 said:
8BitWalugi said:
So the games are out now. The noob flood is about to begin. Let's avoid that this time. This is a thread dedicated to fixing the anti-piracy measures on the ROMs.

SuperCard DS2

And it doesn't work on:
Edge v2.1
AKAIO 1.8.5a
R4 Kernel 1.18
Wood R4 v1.25
M3 Sakura v3.9
CycloDS Evolution v2.1
DSTT/YSMenu v1.17a12

Unable to load the rom
Union room error
Unable to encrypt

So, discuss! We don't want to flood the other threads, so please keep all posts relevant to the subject. Anyone that says "BUY THE GAME111!!!! :B" will be shot on sight.

I will be frequently checking this thread whenever I can and updating the first post with any major developments.

Correction it works perfectly for me on Wood R4 v1.25. runs smoothly. Rom loads. The only AP so far is No EXP. not sure about the rest, but im just going to wait till an AP patch comes out.
-facepalm- If there is a problem, then it doesn't work perfectly. So no correction there

Officer Delibird

Trophies
Website
comitsblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
8bitwaluigi if you could in the first post put If there is till ap it does not work perfectly...to many people keep saying " Its running on acekard2i perfectly but there is no exp" thanks
biggrin.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
dk45p13 said:
8BitWalugi said:

SuperCard DS2

And it doesn't work on:
Edge v2.1
AKAIO 1.8.5a
R4 Kernel 1.18
Wood R4 v1.25
M3 Sakura v3.9
CycloDS Evolution v2.1
DSTT/YSMenu v1.17a12

Unable to load the rom
Union room error
Unable to encrypt

-facepalm- If there is a problem, then it doesn't work perfectly. So no correction there

Welcome to my world of XTREME facepalms.

And yeah, I already stated all of these things on the official topic.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dukemagus said:
it is a nice place to discuss the ap, share the frustrations and all...
Or just for people to say the same thing over and over again. It's been established that there is an AP, but saying "It works on this card perfectly, but this doesn't work." Just makes this thread totally pointless. Only until someone can give some real AP discussion, this thread is just boiled down to noobs repeating the same thing over and over again.

Let me put this out there, if one thing is locked out like the EXP, then it doesn't work perfectly. Stop saying it does and if you can't add anything other than that, just don't post and wait for you damn patch/update.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
dukemagus said:
Or just for people to say the same thing over and over again. It's been established that there is an AP, but saying "It works on this card perfectly, but this doesn't work." Just makes this thread totally pointless. Only until someone can give some real AP discussion, this thread is just boiled down to noobs repeating the same thing over and over again.

Let me put this out there, if one thing is locked out like the EXP, then it doesn't work perfectly. Stop saying it does and if you can't add anything other than that, just don't post and wait for you damn patch/update.
It would be nice to hear that someone's working on it though, I think that's what people want.

Officer Delibird

Trophies
Website
comitsblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
dukemagus said:

Way to get the point across! Haha!

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh great, time for the flock of dumb asses begging for a rom fix.
And when they check back every 2 minutes and it's not there, we get rage posts.
They also say "This is taking forever", even though the last time they checked
was less than 10 minutes ago.

RAGE CHAT, GO!

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya know, i dont get why we do this! we have a 99% translation that appears to be 100% accurate! seriously wtf? just play the patched jap game!

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokefreak2008 said:
Great here comes the impending noob flood someone pass me a max reple or I'm going into a cave hide(not like anyone'll miss me)
You took the words out my mouth...

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
link491 said:
ya know, i dont get why we do this! we have a 99% translation that appears to be 100% accurate! seriously wtf? just play the patched jap game!
This is absolutely the way to go until there's a patch.

Now I'm thinking it must have been playing a fan translation of HGSS and not one that had the script pulled from the English release. Whatever. It was very much playable.

D

Deleted User

I hate the people that have a "but" after saying something's perfect.

You can't say

"My ROM is working perfectly but no EXP"
The entire definition of the word perfect is something that is flawless. If there's no EXP, it is flawed. So why use the term "perfect" in the first place? It's really annoying me. Say "runs smoothly" or "runs fine".

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
I hate the people that have a "but" after saying something's perfect.

You can't say

"My ROM is working perfectly but no EXP"
The entire definition of the word perfect is something that is flawless. If there's no EXP, it is flawed. So why use the term "perfect" in the first place? It's really annoying me. Say "runs smoothly" or "runs fine".
We call that "stupid".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1