Pokemon and other large save files.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by golden, Dec 29, 2007.

Dec 29, 2007
  1. golden
    OP

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    I am truly sorry if this has been asked a million times but I really need to know. What is the most reliable and STABLE program that can back up Pokemon Diamond and Pearl saves? I have tried RAIN.nds and my save file comes out 256kb but I was told that it should be 2megabytes and my save doesn't work with No$GBA so I am guessing RAIN doesn't support those kinds of saves. Any ideas?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    No save file is 2 megabytes. Perhaps you're thinking of 2 megabits, which is equal to 256 kilobytes.

No clue about why REIN isn't working though.

3. golden
    OP

United States
    RAIN gave me a 256 Kilobyte save file that looks normal but doesn't work with no$GBA. Ideas?

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The saves should be 512KB (4 megabits). If you have a slot 2 cart with full DLDI support, Eepinator or the slot 2 version of Rudolph's NDS backup tool should work.

If you don't have a slot 2 cart with DLDI support, but you do have a working wifi connection, the wifi version of Rudolph's NDS backup tool or savsender should work.

5. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    That's right. Many utilities (and even certain flashcarts) for GBA or DS lack complete support for their respective largest normal savetype. Which is 128 kilobyte on GBA, 512 kilobyte DS.

6. golden
    OP

United States
    I'll try thanks.