ROM Hack PokeGen

TheNub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is awesome.. but i found a lil porblem with hg/ss the pokemon that i got wont register in pokedex..

works fine with b/w tho...

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive used it, extensively for about a week. but overall, i think im going to stick with pokesav. It's not a bad program at all, in fact, i also love the fact that its using sprites which make it easier to tell who im editing, but i like how in depth pokesav is with the options.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
DonBren said:
Keeps giving me "invalid savefile" I can't even open up my stupid savefile wtf.
It's 512KB.... it opened on pokesav....

EDIT: Nvm I hit ignore save file checksum or w/e but now it's giving me really wacky boxes..... bunches of eggs and stuff. Idk what's going on anymore.

EDIT 2: The pokemon that appear as eggs and "RIGHT CLICKs" all appear to be Aakens and yeah I'm really confused...

You may not be able to open your sav if it's fragmented. ("Invalid save file" message pops up)
(opening it with pokesav will show weird things, just like when you ignore checksum).

The only solution I dealt with this, is to load the sav on desmume (import backup memory),
Then save it again on desmume.

I then use pokegen to open the .dsv file from desmume.

Always backup your sav file.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
ive used it, extensively for about a week. but overall, i think im going to stick with pokesav. It's not a bad program at all, in fact, i also love the fact that its using sprites which make it easier to tell who im editing, but i like how in depth pokesav is with the options.

what pokemon editing options does pokesav have that pokegen doesn't?

TheBrenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Queno138 said:
You may not be able to open your sav if it's fragmented. ("Invalid save file" message pops up)
(opening it with pokesav will show weird things, just like when you ignore checksum).

The only solution I dealt with this, is to load the sav on desmume (import backup memory),
Then save it again on desmume.

I then use pokegen to open the .dsv file from desmume.

Always backup your sav file.

Oh wow it worked with that savefile... is there a way to change it back to .sav when I bring it over to my R4III?

D

Deleted-236924

Saionji said:
PokeSav more universal than this...
Use PokeGen for ANY Pokémon editing you need.
Pokésav is to be used only for item editing and such.
For Mystery Gift editing, you use Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor.

Grenad' [FR]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't save skills, it only save the Pokémon stats and name, nothing else.
mellow.gif

TheNub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:
TheNub said:
can i use this with no$gba??

yes, you just need to make sure it saves as an uncompressed .sav. same for using it with pokesav, mge, or whatever.

how do i check if my sav is compressed? and how do i uncompressed it?

thanks

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheNub said:
Bond697 said:
TheNub said:
can i use this with no$gba??

yes, you just need to make sure it saves as an uncompressed .sav. same for using it with pokesav, mge, or whatever.

how do i check if my sav is compressed? and how do i uncompressed it?

thanks

NO$GBA.INI

SAV/SNA File Format == UnCompressed

you might have to use that utility to convert the save after that, but i'm not sure.

Nih

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, the way to make this work with DeSmuME is by saving ingame first and then saving it as a .dst file?
Or just by saving ingame and saving the state, and loading the .dsv file?
Can anyone verify this?

Kotomi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nih said:
So, the way to make this work with DeSmuME is by saving ingame first and then saving it as a .dst file?
Or just by saving ingame and saving the state, and loading the .dsv file?
Can anyone verify this?
1. Save ingame
2. Save State
3. Close DeSmuME and open PokéGen
4. Go to 'Options' and check 'Ignore save file checksum'
5. Load Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White(or whatever name you gave it).dsv
6. ...
7. Save
8. Open DeSmuME and open your Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White ROM
9. Click through to the menu and continue your game

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried loading my pokemon black (U) game with pokegen 2.312 but it said, "Invaid save file."

my sav is a .sav file, i'm using a DSTT card.

EDIT: Thanks to Lacius. I used version 3.017 as sugested and it works. Thanks!

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to make it so that the created pokemon was obtained from a trade?

I'm using pokegen version 3.0b17.

I've tried changing the Trainer ID and SID and trainer name but that dosnt make the pokemon apear as traded.
Also, in the "Met" tab of Pokegen i can only select Black/White as the game.
I see an option for Location to be Link Trade or Link Trade (2). What's the difference and is this what i should be selecting so that the pokemon apears as traded?
If so, what do i select the "Encounter" option as? There's nothing there for trades in the encounter tab, the closest thing being the "Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin" option.

I want to make to pokemon apear as a trade because it has move(s) that can only be obtained from a move toutor in platnium, HG, or SS.

I'm also going to assume that i must set the "Origin" (in the Main tab) to either platnium, HG, or SS.

EDIT: I've been looking around and saw in a video that some guy went to options and checked off "Ignore save file checksum"
What's that for? In his video he to do it? I've made tons of legit pokemon without have that checked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo