Gaming PokeBank Release?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is for Japan though. Maintenance yesterday for X/Y was in the US.

Here is quote from Nintendo's Site:

From Monday, January 6, 2014 4:00 PM
- Monday, January 6, 2014 6:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services:
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y
*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
may be intermittently unavailable.

While it was posted on the NA site, that didn't mean that the other regions were ignored though.
They mostly did that for optimizing the servers.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is quote from Nintendo's Site:

From Monday, January 6, 2014 4:00 PM
- Monday, January 6, 2014 6:00 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services:
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y
*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
may be intermittently unavailable.

While it was posted on the NA site, that didn't mean that the other regions were ignored though.
They mostly did that for optimizing the servers.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up :)

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
[rant]
I honestly think that Pokemon Bank's Poke Transfer tie-in is bullshit. Every generation seance generation four has had some way to transfer Pokemon up from one generation to the next. Gamefreak claims that they couldn't use a 3DS app to pull data from a DSi enabled game, but that is complete bullshit because of Pokemon Dream Radar, a 3DS game that can transfer data to a DSi game. What was stopping them from releasing the ability to have a Poke Transfer app that would pull one box of Pokemon at a time from the DSi titles to the SD card and then the SD card to X and Y? Money, fucking money. I don't give a shit what you think, the blinding obvious fact is money. There are other ways to transfer Pokemon from one Generation to another, but the decided to REMOVE a feature from a game, and set it aside for a "free app" that you NEED to pay a subscription to use. I wouldn't be so pissed off about this if you could use Poke-Tranfer to transport 1 at a time or 1 box at a time of 5th Gen Pokemon to X and Y for free, but NO! You gotta pay up to use a feature that should have been in the game to begin with! Nintendo is becoming fucking Capcom!

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to release Pokemon Bank AFTER the free trial promotion and shrug when users complain en mass of being cheated out of the free promotion period. By the way, did you know that Pokemon Bank's servers are actually UP in Japan? If you have Pokemon Bank on a Japanese 3DS, you can use it right now.

I used to be tolerant of Nintendo's screw ups, but this is just sick. I was going to get a Wii U but now I'm not so sure anymore. I wouldn't be surprised of they delay Smash Bros U due to "Server Issues" and then cancel that game. I sure hope they don't cancel their way into bankruptcy.[/rant]

TL ; DR
The Poketransfer app could have been a day-one feature included in the game, see Pokemon Radar for an example of a 3DS app interacting with a DSi enabeled game.
It seems the decision to force users to pay up to transfer Pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI is money-grubbing.
I am utterly disgusted at the recent decisions that Nintendo has made.

BONUS: So help me if Bravely Default gets delayed by so much as one hour and Bravely Second never sees a western release.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[rant]
I honestly think that Pokemon Bank's Poke Transfer tie-in is bullshit. Every generation seance generation four has had some way to transfer Pokemon up from one generation to the next. Gamefreak claims that they couldn't use a 3DS app to pull data from a DSi enabled game, but that is complete bullshit because of Pokemon Dream Radar, a 3DS game that can transfer data to a DSi game. What was stopping them from releasing the ability to have a Poke Transfer app that would pull one box of Pokemon at a time from the DSi titles to the SD card and then the SD card to X and Y? Money, fucking money. I don't give a shit what you think, the blinding obvious fact is money. There are other ways to transfer Pokemon from one Generation to another, but the decided to REMOVE a feature from a game, and set it aside for a "free app" that you NEED to pay a subscription to use. I wouldn't be so pissed off about this if you could use Poke-Tranfer to transport 1 at a time or 1 box at a time of 5th Gen Pokemon to X and Y for free, but NO! You gotta pay up to use a feature that should have been in the game to begin with! Nintendo is becoming fucking Capcom!

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to release Pokemon Bank AFTER the free trial promotion and shrug when users complain en mass of being cheated out of the free promotion period. By the way, did you know that Pokemon Bank's servers are actually UP in Japan? If you have Pokemon Bank on a Japanese 3DS, you can use it right now.

I used to be tolerant of Nintendo's screw ups, but this is just sick. I was going to get a Wii U but now I'm not so sure anymore. I wouldn't be surprised of they delay Smash Bros U due to "Server Issues" and then cancel that game. I sure hope they don't cancel their way into bankruptcy.[/rant]

TL ; DR
The Poketransfer app could have been a day-one feature included in the game, see Pokemon Radar for an example of a 3DS app interacting with a DSi enabeled game.
It seems the decision to force users to pay up to transfer Pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI is money-grubbing.
I am utterly disgusted at the recent decisions that Nintendo has made.

BONUS: So help me if Bravely Default gets delayed by so much as one hour and Bravely Second never sees a western release.

What is Pokemon Radar? I have heard of it, but never used it before or know what it's purpose is...

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This site "http://motoringcrunch.com/news/pokebank-ishihara-nintendo/1002640/" says that the Poke Transporter App is now available. As far as PokeBank goes, it will be released after the Server tests are done. It will be released first in Japan, then North America, and finally Europe.

Update: Another article on same site mentions that Nintendo may not announce release at all. I think this makes sense because if they did announce it, everyone would be rushing to eshop to get it and possibly cause another crash. Article said it is best to keep checking the eshop and hope for the best :)

Reactions: Huntereb

|-Goku-|

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This site "http://motoringcrunch.com/news/pokebank-ishihara-nintendo/1002640/" says that the Poke Transporter App is now available. As far as PokeBank goes, it will be released after the Server tests are done. It will be released first in Japan, then North America, and finally Europe.

Update: Another article on same site mentions that Nintendo may not announce release at all. I think this makes sense because if they did announce it, everyone would be rushing to eshop to get it and possibly cause another crash. Article said it is best to keep checking the eshop and hope for the best :)

Poke Transporter has been back on the Japan eShop for over a week.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[rant]
That $5 a year is really gonna break the bank, huh?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Its very annoying that Nintendo is keeping its customers in the dark. I'd be happy with weekly updates, but it frustrating that little to nothing has been said.

My guess is that there's been little-to-nothing to report, I guess!? I mean, as much as it sucks that they've been so quiet about the matter, I can't imagine there being much to tell us, realistically.

Mon - "Working around the clock to get Pokemon Bank ready, thanks for sticking with us!"
Tue - "Still working! Servers are a finnicky mistress, lol. Hang in there!"
Wed - "Same ol' same ol'! Reggie keeps tripping over wires so we sent him to his office."

...Etc... :P

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that there's been little-to-nothing to report, I guess!? I mean, as much as it sucks that they've been so quiet about the matter, I can't imagine there being much to tell us, realistically.

Mon - "Working around the clock to get Pokemon Bank ready, thanks for sticking with us!"
Wed - "Same ol' same ol'! Reggie keeps tripping over wires so we sent him to his office."

I like the Reggie bit :)

Reactions: geoflcl

|-Goku-|

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damnit, they need to fire Reggie

Reactions: geoflcl

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality