Hacking [PoC] 3DS Region Changing + proof

blopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great news!! With this will be possible to chance the region of an 3DS forever? If so, I will buy a Majora's Mask 3DS XL from Amazon.co.jp :D

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cearp:

With the recent release of Spider3DSTools, will it eventually be possible to dump the xorpads of a 9.x system, and thus allowing us to change the regions of our 9.x emuNANDs? In addition, given that we cannot currently exploit the New3DS's browser in the same way we have been able to exploit the Old 3DS browser, what are your thoughts about bringing this to the New3DS? What do you think we can do in order to get the necessary files to make this possible on a New3DS emuNAND after Gateway releases public support for it?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
cearp:

With the recent release of Spider3DSTools, will it eventually be possible to dump the xorpads of a 9.x system, and thus allowing us to change the regions of our 9.x emuNANDs? In addition, given that we cannot currently exploit the New3DS's browser in the same way we have been able to exploit the Old 3DS browser, what are your thoughts about bringing this to the New3DS? What do you think we can do in order to get the necessary files to make this possible on a New3DS emuNAND after Gateway releases public support for it?

it has nothing to do with the browser exploit or even xorpads specifically, any way at all we can read and write to the nand will make this possible.

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about throwing this onto SYSnand? Do you see it causing any kind of problems there?

Looks really promising, super excited to see it released. :)

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has nothing to do with the browser exploit or even xorpads specifically, any way at all we can read and write to the nand will make this possible.

Nothing needs to be decrypted? The NAND image of an emuNAND partition can be directly edited for this region change?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What about throwing this onto SYSnand? Do you see it causing any kind of problems there?
Looks really promising, super excited to see it released. :)

sysnand will be ok
Nothing needs to be decrypted? The NAND image of an emuNAND partition can be directly edited for this region change?
not via hard mod, read and write in real time on the 3ds via software

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm really anxious to do this to sysnand on a New 3DS. I can't wait for this to release! I'd buy a New 3DS just to try this out.
you would have to be brave to try it out on sysnand, with no nand mod pinout available for the n3DS, if anything goes wrong, that would be it, the 3DS would be dead, or at least until a nand pinout is available

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
you would have to be brave to try it out on sysnand, with no nand mod pinout available for the n3DS, if anything goes wrong, that would be it, the 3DS would be dead, or at least until a nand pinout is available

Chuck Norris approves this!
69005d1347983186-image-1811387430.jpg

Reactions: tony_2018

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be amazing once released. I really want it ported to New3ds in the next few months, as Having a US emuNAND on my JPN 3ds would be extremely helpful. (System transfer and eShop access primarily)

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
For chn/twn/kor owners, it means a lot to releasing this without eshop support, I think.
Could you please share the methods you figured out?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
For chn/twn/kor owners, it means a lot to releasing this without eshop support, I think.
Could you please share the methods you figured out?

yeah soon i will make a tutorial, there is not really any easy all in one app to do it (could be made, by making a custom gateway 'dg' file if possible, but that only installs to sysnand and not emunand, and it is nice to have sysnand original/untouched)

Reactions: Ramzpat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1