Hacking plz help

isin13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok heres the deal i attempted to hack my Wii that had 4.2u installed using this guide but dident back up my nand (stupid i know)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

around the preloader step something went wrong and wen i tried to go to the system menu it gave my a "files are corrupt" type message but some parts of the letters are missing like in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eft6CxpIQQk...feature=related

so i did my research and i tried to find out how to unbrick my wii untill i ended up at that link and it seemed perfect so i tried it to downgrade to 3.2u and it was working for the most part untill it has to dl IOS246 then when it starts downloading the IOS it stops and says bad hash and the download stops and takes me back to the homebrew channel and i try to launch the wii menu both it gives me the same error.

can some one please help i am stuck and really desperate :/ please and thank you

i have full access to the homebrew channel

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were successful in installing the SM3.2, but not the IOS then you are full brick because IOS30 is stubbed when you're officially on 4.2. Yes VERY bad of you to not make a nand backup....very bad.

isin13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EseHomes said:
If you were successful in installing the SM3.2, but not the IOS then you are full brick because IOS30 is stubbed when you're officially on 4.2. Yes VERY bad of you to not make a nand backup....very bad.
no i wasent successful in installing the SM3.2 it stops before its done the download and downgrade so what am i supposed to do .?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: just saw that you have full access to the homebrew channel.

Run DOP-mii and install IOS70 v6687 + System menu 4.2.
Run Pimp my wii v1.42 to update all your IOS

Dont downgrade.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have access to the HBC it can still be saved, I dont see why you cant use NUS downlader to get a wad of the SM you want AND the IOS it uses! and install the wads to your wii, it will get rid of preloader though so you will have to re-install it but thats it.

Also did you have bootmii installed as boot2 at all? Or were not able to install it as boot2

EDIT: Or even use Dop-Mii to re-install the SM, it has noob proof protection for system menu's... and im not sure why you say banner brick? If its simply a bad banner, open up wad manager or any title delter and delete it

isin13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
If you have access to the HBC it can still be saved, I dont see why you cant use NUS downlader to get a wad of the SM you want AND the IOS it uses! and install the wads to your wii, it will get rid of preloader though so you will have to re-install it but thats it.

Also did you have bootmii installed as boot2 at all? Or were not able to install it as boot2
yes i installed at boot2 i have bootmii and HBC and i dont know what wad i have to install to make the problem go away or how to install wad to begin with? help in all these areas would be appreciated...sry for noobishness

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Everyone who tried helping u so far has failed!

You're lucky I decided to actually read this thread (the title was so vague it didn't catch my interest)

Your problem is that u installed Preloader 0.29 on a 4.2Wii without first patching the System Menu IOS (70 on 4.2 Wii's)

u have 2 options to fix the problem, doing either ONE of them will solve your problem, but I recommend doing them BOTH
1) Install Priiloader v0.4 (a patched SM IOS is not required to run Priiloader, so it will solve the problem)
2) Install a patched IOS70 (U can download this in wad form using NUSAD from my signature)

edit: YOU SHOULD MAKE A NAND BACKUP ASAP!

isin13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying these ideas as we speak thank you all for your time, i will post results when im done and if your flags are accurate long live Canada

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Riley said:
Edit: listen to xflak

You should be using this guide to mod your wii.
Or you can use the new #1 Sticky in the Wii Hacking Section (NUS Auto Downloader) which is able to hack any Wii 4.2 and under and much much more!
34eyk39.jpg

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

You're lucky I decided to actually read this thread (the title was so vague it didn't catch my interest)

Your problem is that u installed Preloader 0.29 on a 4.2Wii without first patching the System Menu IOS (70 on 4.2 Wii's)

u have 2 options to fix the problem, doing either ONE of them will solve your problem, but I recommend doing them BOTH
1) Install Priiloader v0.4 (a patched SM IOS is not required to run Priiloader, so it will solve the problem)
2) Install a patched IOS70 (U can download this in wad form using NUSAD from my signature)

I can't believe that I did not catch that. I'm so used to seeing priiloader and not preloader that I overlooked it. Wow, good catch.

XFlak said:
QUOTE(Riley @ Jul 9 2010, 08:44 PM) Edit: listen to xflak

You should be using this guide to mod your wii.
Or you can use the new #1 Sticky in the Wii Hacking Section (NUS Auto Downloader) to MOD ANY Wii 4.2 and below!
34eyk39.jpg
Just to let you know, your post sounds confusing because you say the first sticky "NUS Auto Downloader", and then you say to "MOD ANY Wii 4.2 and below" which is the name of the stickied thread below yours. Didn't know if you caught that.

isin13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
EDIT: just saw that you have full access to the homebrew channel.

Run DOP-mii and install IOS70 v6687 + System menu 4.2.
Run Pimp my wii v1.42 to update all your IOS

Dont downgrade.
i am currently trying this but i ran dopmii and it says witch ios do i wish to use to install other IOS (default 36) then under it says Install IOS36 V3351 w/fakesign under that it says scan wii thne exit i dont see anything about ios70 or system menu also i used the link you provided to dl dop-mii

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
k, i'll spell it out for you,

1) Download NUS Auto Downloader, from my signature
2) from the main menu, enter (B) to go to the Batch Download Page, then type (YAWM) and (70) and (PRI) and (H4X) to mark those 4 files for download, then type (D), then type (Y) to confirm downloading the 4 listed files
3) when its done downloading, copy the files inside the "copy_to_sd" folder to your SD card
4) put the SD card in the wii, run priiloader, then use that to load the HBC, then load YAWMM and install IOS70 patched
5) go back to the HBC, then load the Priiloader 0.4 Installer, and install it
6) go to priiloader and enable any priiloader hacks u want to use

7) celebrate and thank XFlak like crazy, lol

edit: looks like I didn't need to spell it out for u, glad u got it fixed!

isin13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

this worked my wii is unbricked thank you so much!!!! thanks to everyone who helped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==