plz help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by isin13, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010

plz help by isin13 at 8:13 PM (1,093 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. isin13
    OP

Newcomer isin13 Member

United States
    Ok heres the deal i attempted to hack my Wii that had 4.2u installed using this guide but dident back up my nand (stupid i know)
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

around the preloader step something went wrong and wen i tried to go to the system menu it gave my a "files are corrupt" type message but some parts of the letters are missing like in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eft6CxpIQQk...feature=related

so i did my research and i tried to find out how to unbrick my wii untill i ended up at that link and it seemed perfect so i tried it to downgrade to 3.2u and it was working for the most part untill it has to dl IOS246 then when it starts downloading the IOS it stops and says bad hash and the download stops and takes me back to the homebrew channel and i try to launch the wii menu both it gives me the same error.

can some one please help i am stuck and really desperate :/ please and thank you

i have full access to the homebrew channel

2. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    If you were successful in installing the SM3.2, but not the IOS then you are full brick because IOS30 is stubbed when you're officially on 4.2. Yes VERY bad of you to not make a nand backup....very bad.

3. isin13
    OP

Newcomer isin13 Member

United States
    no i wasent successful in installing the SM3.2 it stops before its done the download and downgrade so what am i supposed to do .?

4. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    EDIT: just saw that you have full access to the homebrew channel.

Run DOP-mii and install IOS70 v6687 + System menu 4.2.
    Run Pimp my wii v1.42 to update all your IOS

Dont downgrade.

5. isin13
    OP

Newcomer isin13 Member

United States
    yes we get the preloader, what now?

6. Skater4599

Member Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you have access to the HBC it can still be saved, I dont see why you cant use NUS downlader to get a wad of the SM you want AND the IOS it uses! and install the wads to your wii, it will get rid of preloader though so you will have to re-install it but thats it.

Also did you have bootmii installed as boot2 at all? Or were not able to install it as boot2

EDIT: Or even use Dop-Mii to re-install the SM, it has noob proof protection for system menu's... and im not sure why you say banner brick? If its simply a bad banner, open up wad manager or any title delter and delete it

7. isin13
    OP

Newcomer isin13 Member

United States
    yes i installed at boot2 i have bootmii and HBC and i dont know what wad i have to install to make the problem go away or how to install wad to begin with? help in all these areas would be appreciated...sry for noobishness

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Everyone who tried helping u so far has failed!

You're lucky I decided to actually read this thread (the title was so vague it didn't catch my interest)

Your problem is that u installed Preloader 0.29 on a 4.2Wii without first patching the System Menu IOS (70 on 4.2 Wii's)

u have 2 options to fix the problem, doing either ONE of them will solve your problem, but I recommend doing them BOTH
    1) Install Priiloader v0.4 (a patched SM IOS is not required to run Priiloader, so it will solve the problem)
    2) Install a patched IOS70 (U can download this in wad form using NUSAD from my signature)

edit: YOU SHOULD MAKE A NAND BACKUP ASAP!

9. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Edit: listen to xflak

You should be using this guide to mod your wii.

10. isin13
    OP

Newcomer isin13 Member

United States
    im trying these ideas as we speak thank you all for your time, i will post results when im done and if your flags are accurate long live Canada

11. XFlak

Canada
    Or you can use the new #1 Sticky in the Wii Hacking Section (NUS Auto Downloader) which is able to hack any Wii 4.2 and under and much much more!
    [​IMG]

12. EseHomes

Banned EseHomes Banned

United States
    Just to let you know, your post sounds confusing because you say the first sticky "NUS Auto Downloader", and then you say to "MOD ANY Wii 4.2 and below" which is the name of the stickied thread below yours. Didn't know if you caught that.

13. isin13
    OP

Newcomer isin13 Member

United States
    i am currently trying this but i ran dopmii and it says witch ios do i wish to use to install other IOS (default 36) then under it says Install IOS36 V3351 w/fakesign under that it says scan wii thne exit i dont see anything about ios70 or system menu also i used the link you provided to dl dop-mii

14. XFlak

Canada
    k, i'll spell it out for you,

1) Download NUS Auto Downloader, from my signature
    2) from the main menu, enter (B) to go to the Batch Download Page, then type (YAWM) and (70) and (PRI) and (H4X) to mark those 4 files for download, then type (D), then type (Y) to confirm downloading the 4 listed files
    3) when its done downloading, copy the files inside the "copy_to_sd" folder to your SD card
    4) put the SD card in the wii, run priiloader, then use that to load the HBC, then load YAWMM and install IOS70 patched
    5) go back to the HBC, then load the Priiloader 0.4 Installer, and install it
    6) go to priiloader and enable any priiloader hacks u want to use

7) celebrate and thank XFlak like crazy, lol

edit: looks like I didn't need to spell it out for u, glad u got it fixed!

15. isin13
    OP

Newcomer isin13 Member

United States
    this worked my wii is unbricked thank you so much!!!! thanks to everyone who helped