ROM Hack [Plugin NTR]RAM Explorer

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe one day this plugin can be any where near cwcheat for psp, still a great job though

I do not know about cwcheat, but i'll look it when i've implemented all the functions i'd like to see in this plugin. It can give me idea for this plugin. :)

Wait, can I use this to search for cheats? Like Gateway's cheats search feature?

For now it do not permit research. I'm working on it, but i need to finish my own implementation of dynamic memory management. plgRequestMemory cause too big memory leaks.
Or I can do a basic searcher while i haven't finished this, but it'll have some limitation.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update 1.2 Beta is out ! :)

Code:
- Implement all HID (C-Stick, CPAD, Touchscreen)
- Implement the possibility of writing on the top screen
- Changed key according to the implementation of HID
- Implemented a really basic process dumper (to a file)
- Implemented touchObject;
- Made a lot of change in the code
- Maybe other things I have forgotten about

Important information:

Version 1.2 bring new features but they were only tested on N3DS. So I don't know how the o3DS will react to this update.
Some of the new features are making conflict with most game as they weren't designed to use the n3DS hid.
Even if it seems that I fixed the crash of the 3DS when entering in the plugin while a game / app is running, it seems that it can sometime make the 3DS freeze after a random while (in the plugin only).

So I recommend to always use the plugin in the homemenu ! (Press Home to pause the app currently running)
If not, expect strange behaviors and bugs.

Search mode is not implemented right now !! (In a future update ;) )

Process dumper: It's a little thing i've made as a test first, but maybe it can be useful to someone so I've decided to let it.
It will dump the chosen process into: "SD:/dump/ramdump.bin". Be sure to create the dump folder or you will have an error.

This dumper will read and write from 0x0 to 0x20000000. Theoretically the end file can be used in soft like TempAR for finding pointer (can be useful to cheats creator).
The dumper do not delete the file if previously existed, it'll just write on it, so be careful to export/rename it before doing another dump.

Last edited by Nanquitas,

David Rico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Let's download, see and test it :D ..... I like your work! ;) .
I really sometimes hate that the weekends are so fast xD
I need more time!!!!

Reactions: Nanquitas

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you ! :)

Yeah, me too. It takes me a lot of time as I'm a beginner in C / development. :(

But we have to start somewhere, right ? I'm learning a lot with this project so it's motivating. :yay:

David Rico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh yeah, I'm begginer too; I know about Java and some php, but C is my first time, but develop is my favorite job and i really like it, no, i love it :3 :D so i will be looking every days for updates and testing and reporting to finish this work ;)
I have an O3ds!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sweet, this is just what NTR-CFW users have wanted ever since Gateway made their cheat system. Once you add search mode, this will rival Gateway's cheat system, or maybe even surpass it, as Gateway are missing certain features (searching for strings, array of bytes to name a couple)
If you could also add a built in cheat system similar to Action Replay, or add a feature to make it simple to create cheat.plg from the found addresses, it would be even better.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh yeah, I'm begginer too; I know about Java and some php, but C is my first time, but develop is my favorite job and i really like it, no, i love it :3 :D so i will be looking every days for updates and testing and reporting to finish this work ;)
I have an O3ds!
Great ! Thank you for your help ! :)

Sweet, this is just what NTR-CFW users have wanted ever since Gateway made their cheat system. Once you add search mode, this will rival Gateway's cheat system, or maybe even surpass it, as Gateway are missing certain features (searching for strings, array of bytes to name a couple)
If you could also add a built in cheat system similar to Action Replay, or add a feature to make it simple to create cheat.plg from the found addresses, it would be even better.

Yes search mode is on priority task to achieve. :)

For the ActionReplay mode, I thought about it but I don't think it's something that'll work. At least not as a home plugin. I say that because i think that the thread will be "paused" when a game/app is launched.
So the action replay mode wouldn't do anything... It's a thought, maybe it's possible and with time i'll find a way to add it, but it's not on my priority right now. ;)

Else if action replay mode on home plugin don't work, I'm sure that we can make a game plugin which will read a text file (like gateway's one) and apply the cheats to the game. This seems easier to do.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great ! Thank you for your help ! :)

Yes search mode is on priority task to achieve. :)

For the ActionReplay mode, I thought about it but I don't think it's something that'll work. At least not as a home plugin. I say that because i think that the thread will be "paused" when a game/app is launched.
So the action replay mode wouldn't do anything... It's a thought, maybe it's possible and with time i'll find a way to add it, but it's not on my priority right now. ;)

Else if action replay mode on home plugin don't work, I'm sure that we can make a game plugin which will read a text file (like gateway's one) and apply the cheats to the game. This seems easier to do.
Yeah, I had the same thought about AR mode, due to how NTR plugins work. But it could still be used for certain code types, ones that don't need to be reapplied constantly (like freezing lives at 99 for example wouldn't work because it would need the code to be reapplied every few seconds at least and button activators wouldn't work but everything else should)
But I think cheat.plg is capable of doing those things, which is why I mentioned that as well.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problem is that if the thread is paused, you'll have to return to the ntr menu or the homemenu for the cheats to be applied.
But a generic game plugin wouldn't have this problem as the thread is viable as long as the application is running. So freeze cheat type would work with it. :)

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to @David Rico for his feedback !

Version 1.2.1 Beta is out !

Code:
- Fix address mode display
- Fix keys which I forgot when i've updated the HID
- Fix B in address mode do not leave the plugin anymore
- Implementation of dynamic memory management
- Fix memory leaks

Edit: Seems to make the o3DS crash, reuploading the v1.2Beta.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
V. 1.2.3 Beta is released :)

Many thanks to @[B]David Rico[/B] for helping me making the plugin working on old 3DS.
Code:
- Fix dynamic memory allocation on o3DS (Thanks to @David Rico for his debug support)
- Do not show memory region with state 0x02 (IO) as they make the 3DS freeze
- Re-implement X & Y key as C-Stick replacement
- Seems that I've corrected the freeze possibility but we need more test, please report if you have freeze using the plugin
- Transformed the progress bar in a touchObject. So you can now navigate in the region through the progress bar. Even if it's not really accurate, it's still faster to go in the middle or else than scrolling.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
V. 1.2.4 Beta released ! :)

Code:
- "The memory used by the plugin have been lessened, fixing the fact \
that the plugin was preventing the browser to be launched \
(at least on N3DS, don't know for O3DS)"
- "Improved the keypad accuracy in address mode and editor mode"
- "Fix a bug in the Dumper process which was causing a data loss \
(but we now dump / write with a block of 0x4000 instead of 0x10000)"
- "Changing the way the dumper will write the data:"
-- "Adding the same header as Gateway's header in the ramdump, allowing \
to write only the region with data  (made without gateway's ramdumps \
to study so can be not exactly the same, but it's working so who care :p)"
-- "The file will see the size shortened so there is two benefits:"
--- "The dump is a bit faster"
--- "The file being lighter, it's faster to send it through FTP"
-- "To expand the file for using a soft like TempAR and find pointer, use the tool by @xJam.es"

The 1.3 will bring the search mode. ;)

Reactions: I pwned U!

YoshiOG1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! I find this useful for tweaking values of the RAM when I'm playing a game such as Pokemon Omega Ruby.
Also, how much progress have you made on the Search function of this plugin?

P.S. I'm new here; I just created an account a few minutes ago.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! :)

I did a real progress but as I said, I started this project as a study project.
This project is a way for me to learn C programming as I'm a newbie in coding (I prefer practice than theory :P) so the program evolve with my coding skills.

Now, recently I've learned a lot and I've decided to redo / update the whole project in different many ways to use this knowledge.
It'll improve (I hope this isn't for nothing :P) the rapidity and the stability of the plugin.

Plus, the project will be easier for me to update afterwards.

That's why the 1.3 isn't released yet. But the project is not dead. ;)

P.S.: I'm going on a holiday trip for a time not decided (But at least 2 weeks) tomorrow, so there obviously won't be an update on this period. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1