pls help :(

symuldes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so a few years ago i got this dsi with an r4 2019 sdhc rts lite card. i decided to put some more games in it and it worked smoothly. but when i put even more games in it and deleted some files and tried it, it stopped working. all it shows is just a white screen with the text "menu" and a question mark above it. if yk what's causing this pls help!

(p.s i did this all by my phone and my laptop is not with me rn cause it's for school)

sorry for some grammar mistakes, english isn't my first language

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your SD card corrupted.

Best option: buy a new one. Preferably from a local store with a decent return policy.

Second best option: format your SD card with GUIFormat. Do a hardware test on the SD card with H2testw (or F3 on Linux, or F3XSwift on a Mac). If the test fails, go do the best option. If it passes, then get yourself YSMenu, copy all files from R4i-SDHC YSmenu folder to your SD card. Run this for a while and hope your SD card doesn't break again. If it breaks, go do the best option.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your SD card corrupted.
I disagree. It's not necessarily corrupted. If the computer or phone reads the microSD and it doesn't contain strange unintelligible symbols, the clusters are not corrupted.
Rather by deleting games you may have also deleted a kernel file.
Before formatting it or changing microSD I would try to check and reinstall its kernel. :)

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I disagree. It's not necessarily corrupted. If the computer or phone reads the microSD and it doesn't contain strange unintelligible symbols, the clusters are not corrupted.
Before formatting it or changing microSD I would try to check and reinstall its kernel. :)
You're right, I misinterpreted "deleted files" as in it randomly disappeared instead of deliberately deleted.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason sometimes this happens on DS flashcards, backup everything just in case because sometimes this leads to the card formatting itself (no idea why or anything, it just happened multiple times to me with multiple flashcards).
the firmware/menu got corrupted, you just need to replace those files and you should be good!

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for some reason sometimes this happens on DS flashcards, backup everything just in case because sometimes this leads to the card formatting itself (no idea why or anything, it just happened multiple times to me with multiple flashcards).
the firmware/menu got corrupted, you just need to replace those files and you should be good!
As @Nikokaro mentions above, OP has deliberately deleted kernel files and need to restore them. Thankfully, not hard to find, since this is a DSTT clone and thus works with YSMenu.

symuldes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i tried reinstalling the kernel again and it worked, thank you! i made this post cause i wasnt fully sure if my kernel file was deleted so thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2