Hacking Homebrew app (PLEASE URGENT HELP!!) Deleted tai folder, lost henkaku

Nymesis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! First of all, I don't know if this is the right place to post this. Also english is not my first language so sorry in advance if I'm not expressing myself properly. I just made this account to ask someone for help here because I'm freaking out.

Two days ago I followed a tutorial to put henkaku on my Vita. Everything worked fine, but yesterday suddently I couldn't install any game from pkgi due to an error, so I searched what could I do to fix it. In reddit someone said that I could try deleting the tai folder, so I did it. The problem is that I deleted both from ur0 and ux0. That's why I'm here. Now it seems that the jailbreak is gone. I still have all the apps (vitashell, enso, pkgi, h-encore, modoru, auto-plugin...) and the games, but everytime I try to open any of these I have the same error (C1-6775-5). Also in settings the Henkaku settings have dissapeared and I'm back to 3.60. As I dont have acess to VitaShell I can't plug in my Vita to the computer, and I have no idea how can I fix this without bricking my Vita. I thought I could do a factory reset and re-install everything from scratch, but since I have enso installed i'm not sure that will work. I did read somewhere that for uninstalling enso I need to acess VitaShell, but I can't open anything so that's impossible.

I really hope I explained everything well so you can understand the problem. PLEASE if anyone knows how to fix this or have any idea of what can I do, help me. I'm super lost as I'm a complete newbie in all of this... Thanks.

Edit: I FIXED IT!!

In case anyone is in my situation right now:

HOW I FIXED IT: I finally fixed it!! I just had to reinstall Henkaku from the vita browser and now I have available the Henkaku settings, I can open all my apps, have access to VitaShell and my saves are intact!

Thanks to everyone that helped me here. You guys are amazing!! :D

Last edited by Nymesis,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you've deleted boot_config.txt and henkaku.suprx. the only way I know of to fix this (possibly) is to restore the system to default settings through the recovery menu (power button+R+PS button iirc). I think this is a system restore, so remove the memory card.

Nymesis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
you've deleted boot_config.txt and henkaku.suprx. the only way I know of to fix this (possibly) is to restore the system to default settings through the recovery menu (power button+R+PS button iirc). I think this is a system restore, so remove the memory card.

As far as I know, even if I factory reset, enso will still be installed because it's a permanent jailbreak. Maybe that doesn't makes sense, I'm just saying what I've read so I don't know if it's true or if this applies in my case.

Edit: What you're saying is, I remove the memory card, enter the recovery menu and system restore it? I suppose everything is stored in the vita memory card so I dont understand why should I remove the memory card? Wouldn't it be better to restore the memory card in that case? I'm sorry, I'm super lost so I maybe don't know what I'm saying D:

Last edited by Nymesis,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the boot_config has been deleted. it was in ur0/tai. this is what it says inside it:

upload_2021-7-28_7-0-1.png

deleting it won't hurt the vita or cause it not to boot (only corrupting it will). however, I think it's rebuilt if you restore to default settings. that's what I think will fix your system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and, as you can see, you can't use someone else's. I have the boot_config.txt from both my vita and pstv. there are some similarities, but there are differences (don't know if that's due to it being a vita and a pstv or not).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could technically create a tai folder on ux0, and it will override the one that was on ur0, but the boot_config.txt has been deleted, so I don't think it will work. I think it's hardcoded in enso (it was on vs0, but now it's in ur0). the error you're receiving I have memorized. it will give you that error if you try starting a game you don't own without henkaku/enso installed.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is I don't have access to VitaShell so I can't transfer anything anywhere. I can't even plug my vita to the PC... :(
Do you use SD2VITA?

Did you install h-encore before inserting SD2VITA then installing Enso?

if so eject any memory card / SD2VITA and you might have vita shell as a minimum installed on system storage.

Nymesis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
you could technically create a tai folder on ux0, and it will override the one that was on ur0, but the boot_config.txt has been deleted, so I don't think it will work. I think it's hardcoded in enso (it was on vs0, but now it's in ur0). the error you're receiving I have memorized. it will give you that error if you try starting a game you don't own without henkaku/enso installed.

But... how do I create a tai folder on ux0 if I dont have access to VitaShell? :( Everytime I try to open any app I have that error. I think I will try to system restore it as you said. I don't know if it will work but I'll give it a try. I'll let you know!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, try a system restore, but remove the memory card. I think it will format it if you leave it in.

@NeoGranzon may be able to help further. his boot_config.txt got corrupted when he tried to install yamt full, so I don't think the system would even boot. he fixed it though.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

Nymesis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you use SD2VITA?

Did you install h-encore before inserting SD2VITA then installing Enso?

if so eject any memory card / SD2VITA and you might have vita shell as a minimum installed on system storage.

I don't have SD2VITA. I have the original vita memory card. I followed a youtube tutorial () to install everything. I ejected my memory card and I don't have anything related to henkaku installed.

Last edited by Nymesis,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone transferring the boot_config.txt to ux0, then nothing worked (I think). he somehow got it to work by transferring it back to ur0/tai. that's how I know it won't brick if it's missing, just can't do anything with enso.

Nymesis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
yes, try a system restore, but remove the memory card. I think it will format it if you leave it in.

@NeoGranzon may be able to help further. his boot_config.txt got corrupted when he tried to install yamt full, so I don't think the system would even boot. he fixed it though.

I did the system restore and it didn't work. When I put again the memory card and try to open any app, it appears the same error again. Still can't access to VitaShell :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, have you tried reinstalling henkaku to see if the app will open? iirc, hold R when the henkaku install screen appears to reinstall it.

if you can get that to work, I think there may be a repair option in the enso installer (can't remember for sure).

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have SD2VITA. I have the original vita memory card. I followed a youtube tutorial () to install everything. I ejected my memory card. The only app installed without the memory card on is h-encore.

Great. With memory card still out. Run h-encore. Install vita shell. Load up vita shell. Copy your tai folder from vita via usb or ftp as a backup. - While in vita shell insert your genuine memory card and you should be able to then copy and paste your tai from UR0 to memory card. - if you were using SD2VITA it would be. Slightly easer cause you can view contents on PC. I did this method before for a friend who got confused with UR0 and UX0 and this solved the recreation of the tai folder. I hope this helps.

you might have to change the paths in the config file to UX0 after copied to your memory card just as a heads up.

Ah you’ve factory reset now, unsure whether the above would work now.

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

Nymesis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hmm, have you tried reinstalling henkaku to see if the app will open? iirc, hold R when the henkaku install screen appears to reinstall it.

if you can get that to work, I think there may be a repair option in the enso installer (can't remember for sure).

THANKS! I followed your advice and reinstalled henkaku from the vita browser. I didn't think it would actually work, but it did! Now I have available the henkaku settings, can acess every app and I even have my game saves intact! :D I'm super relieved right now, I thought I lost my Vita. Thanks you very very much!!!!

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks @godreborn for quoting me,i saw that you solved it anyway i report my experience after bricking my PS Vita Slim trying to install Yamt Full. So first i removed the Sd2vita with the microsd,then i reinstalled the firmware i had(3.65),i did a factory reset and formatted the internal memory,updated to 3.73,hack with Final Hencore2,downgrade with Moduru 2.1 to 3.65,installed Henkaku Enso, reinserted Sd2vita,configured with Autoplugin2,updated Live Area&License with Vitashell and restored game saves with VitaSaveManager Plus and my PS Vita Slim and as if it had never been bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over