• Likes 64

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
look people
THE GUIDE IS NO BETTER THAN THE VIDEOS SINCE ITS THE SAME THING!
''OH THE GUIDE GETS UPDATED CONSISTENLY'' :
0f61bcbd7aec495f823d88043c506ea1.png

true, but youtube does it better so that arguement is weak.
''BUT THE TOOLS''
look some youtube eventually would check the guide update and get the latest tool to put in the description.
''A YOUTUBER GOT A PROBLEM WITH A TOOL ONCE''
and plailect's guide had problems with the tools tons of times (mostly decrypt9 since they got minor updates), and that's just one youtuber over a huge number that outnumbers plailect's group that updates the site.
''THEY ARE NOT SUSPOSED TO DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE! PLAILECT'S GUIDE IS HARDWORK !!''
so as publishing a video showing steps and looking over the plailect's guide for the tools needed, and finishing up with editing.
''THEY GOT MONEY OUT OF IT!!! THOSE COOKRED BASTARDS !!!''
and plailect doesnt ??? he does . its called ''donations'' (best way to get money when you made a guide)

Look i'm with both of the sides but you guys keep on witchhunting videos with no evidence and that is what make this thread cancerous.
because you guys talk ''PURE SHIT''
btw dont generalize every a9lh video because it gets UPDATED BY THE MIN (yeah more than plailect's guide)
i'm not saying that plailect's guide is bad, i'm just saying that you shouldn't be talking major shit with no backups, and start thinking the other side of the fence.
plailect guide is good yeah, and that's why most of the youtubers uses plailect's knowledge to make a video.
and some DOESNT FOLLOW HIM AND MAKES A BETTER JOB DOING IT YEAH IT EXSIST.
plailect guide is even/even with youtube.
the problem here is the newb themselves.

Reactions: Deleted User

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look people

''BUT THE TOOLS''
look some youtube eventually would check the guide update and get the latest tool to put in the description.
and plailect's guide had problems with the tools tons of times (mostly decrypt9 since they got minor updates), and that's just one youtuber over a huge number that outnumbers plailect's group that updates the site.
''THEY ARE NOT SUSPOSED TO DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE! PLAILECT'S GUIDE IS HARDWORK !!''
so as publishing a video showing steps and looking over the plailect's guide for the tools needed, and finishing up with editing.
and plailect doesnt ??? he does . its called ''donations'' (best way to get money when you made a guide)

Look i'm with both of the sides but you guys keep on witchhunting videos with no evidence and that is what make this thread cancerous.
btw dont generalize every a9lh video because it gets UPDATED BY THE MIN (yeah more than plailect's guide)
i'm not saying that plailect's guide is bad, i'm just saying that you shouldn't be talking major shit with no backups, and start thinking the other side of the fence.
plailect guide is good yeah, and that's why most of the youtubers uses plailect's knowledge to make a video.

You cant update a yt video, you have to make an entirely new one. plus, i watched a lot of these yt tutorials, and the majority of them skip over/remove important steps, like NAND backups. And lets not forget the time someone left their OTP.bin file in and bricked a bunch of people.

The difference between ad money and donations is if you dont want to donate, you dont have to. Ad revenue is stealing plailect's work and getting money from people watching it, where as plailect gets no money from his guide unless people want to donate because of the work he put in. ALSO HEY, look at that top one right there! "add me on skype and i will guide you how to get a9lh or CFW on your 3ds(this will cost you)..." And yet the guide is free and publicly available...:unsure:

Also, these videos that have problems aren't solved for quite a long time, whereas plailects guide constantly updates and fixes anything broken.

EDIT: I'll also add that people who mess up on a youtube guide will most likely go to the youtuber who posted it, but these videos are just people reading a guide who will most likely not know how to help, then we have another person bricking from the guide. With 3ds.guide, it has a place for people to go to get help, as well as links back to here where people can get a whole forum of help!

Last edited by ItsKipz,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look people

''BUT THE TOOLS''

The problem is the video guides speed through it, some people don't LISTEN so warnings go unheard such as you will brick if you use any other OTP.bin or not to put you N3DS to sleep in 2.1.0 or you'll brick or to make a NANDmin.bin backup. So videos cause way more problems than if you can go step by step at the pace of the users understanding of the guide. I'm almost done with taking probably close to 100(if not more) pictures to compliment the guide. It wil be much better than a video as you get a visual of every step(minus the swapping of SD cards, etc) and I mean EVERY step. I restored my pre-A9LH NAND to do it step by step and record my every move.

Also I will take full responsibility in updating the pictures as the guide and utilities get updated. I've labelled them in such a way that they follow the steps to a T so I can just zip them up and people doing the guide in different languages can just plug them in(if they wanted).

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is the video guides speed through it, some people don't LISTEN so warnings go unheard such as you will brick if you use any other OTP.bin or not to put you N3DS to sleep in 2.1.0 or you'll brick or to make a NANDmin.bin backup. So videos cause way more problems than if you can go step by step at the pace of the users understanding of the guide. I'm almost done with taking probably close to 100(if not more) pictures to compliment the guide. It wil be much better than a video as you get a visual of every step(minus the swapping of SD cards, etc) and I mean EVERY step. I restored my pre-A9LH NAND to do it step by step and record my every move.

i read some thread that newbs skipped through plailect's guide.
its not the videos fault nor the guide.
its the person.
he took the action of skipping through which made him swerve through the best part, and that resolves into a brick.
new guide doesnt even have the otp steps.
i seen lots of people ask in gbatemp what to do.
and there is lots of videos out there, someone must've think of doing a good video guide on how to get a9lh.
common dont tell me all are shit because there is new videos by the min or even the second.
plailect got problem with other language translation, and that is nothing for youtube.
both videos and guide got their downside.
its the newb's fault.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, a written guide would update faster than a video, and since the videos are based on the guide, the makers of the video probably tend to skip over updates that seem small but could possibly have a large update, for example, still advising people to perform full downgrades to 2.1 instead of CTR Transfers, etc.

However in both cases, any guide, video or written can have negative pretenses depending on how good the person following the guide is at following instructions. (a noob could brick while following plail's guide, and a noob could brick following a video guide)

The problem with this thread is that no one will see it because the people it tries to stop aren't on GBATemp. In other words, this isn't the place for it. If we were to band together and start a YouTube campaign against following video guides, that's a different story.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this even possible? When I modded my Wii a few years ago just google searching how to softmod a wii got you GBATemp as one of the first results.
I got a wikihow guide for my wii, but that was specifically for "guitar hero custom songs" on wii. the guide Used wiiflow for usb loading and some other outdated half-broken application for disc dumping, which was practically dead, so I had to do research and get usbloader. Still don't understand the whole deal with all the different CIOS/IOS shit, but at least I can play melee and custom guitar hero songs. all I care about.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read some thread that newbs skipped through plailect's guide.
its not the videos fault nor the guide.
its the person.
he took the action of skipping through which made him swerve through the best part, and that resolves into a brick.
new guide doesnt even have the otp steps.
i seen lots of people ask in gbatemp what to do.
and there is lots of videos out there, someone must've think of doing a good video guide on how to get a9lh.
common dont tell me all are shit because there is new videos by the min or even the second.
plailect got problem with other language translation, and that is nothing for youtube.
both videos and guide got their downside.
its the newb's fault.
Um, the guide does have the OTP.bin step as I have pics of what to do with it(backing it up).

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You cant update a yt video, you have to make an entirely new one. plus, i watched a lot of these yt tutorials, and the majority of them skip over/remove important steps, like NAND backups. And lets not forget the time someone left their OTP.bin file in and bricked a bunch of people.

The difference between ad money and donations is if you dont want to donate, you dont have to. Ad revenue is stealing plailect's work and getting money from people watching it, where as plailect gets no money from his guide unless people want to donate because of the work he put in.ALSO HEY, look at that top one right there! "add me on skype and i will guide you how to get a9lh or CFW on your 3ds(this will cost you)..." And yet the guide is free and publicly available...:unsure:

Also, these videos that have problems aren't solved for quite a long time, whereas plailects guide constantly updates and fixes anything broken.

EDIT: I'll also add that people who mess up on a youtube guide will most likely go to the youtuber who posted it, but these videos are just people reading a guide who will most likely not know how to help, then we have another person bricking from the guide. With 3ds.guide, it has a place for people to go to get help, as well as links back to here where people can get a whole forum of help!

you didn't read everything i said and i hate you for that.

''The difference between ad money and donations is if you dont want to donate, you dont have to. Ad revenue is stealing plailect's work and getting money from people watching it, where as plailect gets no money from his guide unless people want to donate because of the work he put in''
i really don't care about the money involved because the youtubers worked hard as well. some even make their own step and don't follow the guide which ends with better results (you can't prove me wrong there is a dozen of videos out their that might've thinked about that) so yeah i say they are allowed because you don't know if the youtuber uses the knowledge of plailect's guide or self-knowledge.

''ALSO HEY, look at that top one right there! "add me on skype and i will guide you how to get a9lh or CFW on your 3ds(this will cost you)..."
i don't even need to talk about this. lots of people in gbatemp pay to get their 3ds a9lh because they are scared to brick it themselves. i say he is allowed to do so since he got to work on a specific 3ds, and on skype meaning that he see it through with the newb unlike giving clueless responses on gbatemp on a thread of a newb that doesnt understand what he is doing.

you know why we don't hear alot about issues about plailect's guide ? it is because its underated.
most of the people will google it or check on youtube. they don't know plailect guide yet.
ironically someone said here that the first thing you see when you google it is videos. . . y'all fucking liars :

69da43ea753f48b69a6012df0c3c85b4.png

Last edited by RiverPerson,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
look people

''BUT THE TOOLS''

Why did you unbury all these dead horses?

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you didn't read everything i said and i hate you for that.

''The difference between ad money and donations is if you dont want to donate, you dont have to. Ad revenue is stealing plailect's work and getting money from people watching it, where as plailect gets no money from his guide unless people want to donate because of the work he put in''
i really don't care about the money involved because the youtubers worked hard as well. some even make their own step and don't follow the guide which ends with better results (you can't prove me wrong there is a dozen of videos out their that might've thinked about that) so yeah i say they are allowed because you don't know if the youtuber uses the knowledge of plailect's guide or self-knowledge.

''ALSO HEY, look at that top one right there! "add me on skype and i will guide you how to get a9lh or CFW on your 3ds(this will cost you)..."
i don't even need to talk about this. lots of people in gbatemp pay to get their 3ds a9lh because their are scared to brick it themselves. i say he is allowed to do so since he got to work on a specific 3ds, and on skype meaning that he see it through with the newb unlike giving clueless responses on gbatemp on a thread of a newb that doesnt understand what he is doing.

you know why we don't hear alot about issues about plailect's guide ? it is because its underated.
most of the people will google it or check on youtube. they don't know plailect guide yet.
ironically someone said here that the first thing you see when you google it is videos. . . y'all fucking liars :

69da43ea753f48b69a6012df0c3c85b4.png
Good points, just wanna mention quickly that the thing about paying to get a 3ds a9lh'd wasn't what i was talking about, the person was charging people to walk them through 3ds.guide.

Reactions: RiverPerson

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the guide comes up as the first thing on google, you should see if there is a way to put in the description that shows "DO NOT USE VIDEO GUIDES/NON-APPROVED GUIDES"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped