❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Ever since 11.2 became fully exploitable we've had an influx of new users with a myriad of issues after following videos on YouTube. STOP. FOLLOWING. THESE. VIDEOS. They are typically full of misinformation, outdated after a day or so due to how rapidly this scene changes, and one even recently led to hundreds of new users bricking their console because the uploader idiotically told viewers to use his OTP. The only guide people should follow is this. <-- THAT ONE RIGHT FUCKING THERE. Sorry if you're a visual aid kind of person, or you don't speak English well enough, but it's either highly risking a brick or facing other problems and posting the exact same question we get hundreds of times a day, or expanding upon your comprehension skills. I hate to post this, but I've seen a cornucopia of new posts every day that usually go "HALP, I WUZ FOLLOWIN DIS VID AN NOW I DUN FUK'D". This thread will most likely go ignored, which is to be expected since people much prefer to open their mouth to be bottle fed rather than expand upon their own knowledge, but whatever; I felt it necessary to bitch.

Update: Plailect is working on implementing a crowd driven translation project that anyone can contribute to. It's currently breaking stuff, though, so stay tuned.

Last edited by Joom,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
We all hear you but the ones that are going to use the video guides aren't going to see this. They do a Google search and find a video. Once shit goes bad they come here because YouTubers tell them to. Posting more "PSA" threads are pointless.
I know, which is why I said it was pointless to post this.

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
y'all gotta stop thinking 1 side of the fence and talk with no facts.
some youtubers got lots of good infos.
btw that ''outdated video'' a9lh my cousins's 3ds as well (4 of them in total).
some people skip and forget some info which leads to brick.
stop pointing at a video and call it the reason why newbs are getting bricked.

Last edited by RiverPerson,
Reactions: Deleted User

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately I'm not. I'll end up getting drunk enough to forget and this will reach page 4 by morning.
I made a drunken rant to stop RXTools and RXTool users dropped something horrible. It just requires dedication.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
y'all gotta stop thinking 1 side of the fence and talk with no facts.
some youtubers got lots of good infos.
btw that ''outdated video'' a9lh my cousins's 3ds as well (4 of them in total).
some people skip and forget some info which leads to brick.
stop point at the video and call it the reason why newbs are getting bricked.
Why even create a video when there is a completely thorough guide that is maintained by the community other than for the sake of grasping for attention? "LOOK AT ME GUYS, I MADE A VIDEO ON WELL DOCUMENTED, PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE! COME GIVE ME CREDIT!" Of course I'm exaggerating, but that's honestly what it seems like.

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Why even create a video when there is a completely thorough guide that is maintained by the community other than for the sake of grasping for attention? "LOOK AT ME GUYS, I MADE A VIDEO ON WELL DOCUMENTED, PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE! COME GIVE ME CREDIT!" Of course I'm exaggerating, but that's honestly what it seems like.

there is more problem reading something than watching a video.
a video is quick. its a visual learning. and really efficient.
reading got lots of flaws.
boredom, forget which part you were reading when you do a quick brb, and its hard to focus.
blame the newbs for doing actions they dont know themselves such as skipping.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, which is why I said it was pointless to post this.
Ah, missed that.

If I can be honest, a lot of people that were having trouble following "the guide" didn't speak English all that well. I helped some via PM and got them sorted but we really need a visual aid like pictures added to "the guide" if we want to really help people and show them the guide isn't as difficult as it seems. It will aslo help those who don't speak English well because they'll literally see the steps being done and they can go at a slow pace unlike a video where they can easily get steps mixed up.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
there is more problem reading something than watching a video.
a video is quick. its a visual learning. and really efficient.
boredom, forget which part you were reading when you do a quick brb, and its hard to focus.
If you can't handle reading you shouldnt be modding. Videos don't account for things that can go wrong or troubleshooting issues. Its usually poorly put together and skips important info.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That's on the reader, not the guide. Like I said, it's on the end user to improve upon their reading. It shouldn't be our obligation to rush to every single person's aid that has the same problem because they followed a video. Not to mention the whole point behind this thread is the fact that these videos are causing more problems than the written guide. It isn't our problem that somebody has ADHD and the attention span of a squirrel. If you wanna hack your shit, then it's probably not a good idea to "get bored and brb". This also impedes on the issue I have with people and lacking responsibility, but that's a subject for another day.

If I can be honest, a lot of people that were having trouble following "the guide" didn't speak English all that well.
I know, and that's a shame. I wish more members would contribute to the translation of the guide. It's already available in Spanish and German as far as I know (I don't keep up that much).

You should make a PSA youtube video. Title it "11.2 a9lh hax hacked luma 3ds exposed!!"
I'm on it. The intro will be nothing but two minutes of "520 NO SCOPE SOAK IT".

Reactions: WeedZ

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't handle reading you shouldnt be modding. Videos don't account for things that can go wrong or troubleshooting issues. Its usually poorly put together and skips important info.
there is people that learn i different ways.
wym reading lmao, we got things like audiobooks in our day.
this generation rejects reading ALOT.
videos are the goat.
outdated NO PROBLEM.
updated video appears.
profit? don't care, at least my 3ds got a9lh'd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's on the reader, not the guide. Like I said, it's on the end user to improve upon their reading. It shouldn't be our obligation to rush to every single person's aid that has the same problem because they followed a video. Not to mention the whole point behind this thread is the fact that these videos are causing more problems than the written guide. It isn't our problem that somebody has ADHD and the attention span of a squirrel. If you wanna hack your shit, then it's probably not a good idea to "get bored and brb". This also impedes on the issue I have with people and lacking responsibility, but that's a subject for another day.

I know, and that's a shame. I wish more members would contribute to the translation of the guide. It's already available in Spanish and German as far as I know (I don't keep up that much).

I'm on it. The intro will be nothing but two minutes of "520 NO SCOPE SOAK IT".

its not about improving reading. its about getting the knowledge in a quick way.
videos are basically SHOWING YOU EVERYTHING TO DO.
you can write something, but still there some people wont get it.
a video though. can show something and you wont even need to break your head to get the puzzle done.

D

Deleted User

Not every noob knows about this website or the guide you know.They all start somewhere then learn what's best later on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.