Hacking Please help...

Lush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated my sons 2DS with the new gateway files and my first time using menuhax. I have it coldbooting into gateway emunand which is great. He is turning 5 soon and i hated the idea of needing the online exploit for him. This offline cold boot method is so much better.

I now want my o3ds to be the same. I started by trying to update my 4.5 sysnand to 9.2 using the hold up to boot gateway and then using the super smash bros rom to install 9.2 update. It looked like it worked fine, but now i have a black screen on boot... What can i do?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my sons 2DS with the new gateway files and my first time using menuhax. I have it coldbooting into gateway emunand which is great. He is turning 5 soon and i hated the idea of needing the online exploit for him. This offline cold boot method is so much better.

I now want my o3ds to be the same. I started by trying to update my 4.5 sysnand to 9.2 using the hold up to boot gateway and then using the super smash bros rom to install 9.2 update. It looked like it worked fine, but now i have a black screen on boot... What can i do?
You probably bricked try removing the SD card and battery press the power button with both out then put the battery back in and try turning it on with no SD card did it turn on normally?

Reactions: Lush

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, updating via classic mode will brick your device. You should have used sysupdater via rxtools pasta mode.

Your only choice now is to restore your NAND backup via a hard mod, which requires opening up the device and soldering some things to connect your NAND flash memory to an SD card.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Lush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I pulled the battery and when i hit power, I only get a blue light and 2 black screens

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok last thing to try put everything back in the 3DS and hold L+R+UP+A and press the power button and keep holding it till the update menu pops it, did it pop up for you?

Lush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a sysnand backup of 4.5

I am comfortable with a soldering iron.. Can you point me to a good guide to install the mod and restore my nand? Your help is very appreciated...

Reactions: wormdood

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Lush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK. I have my hard mod installed and it seems to be working. I am able to read the nand. When i try to write the sysnand backup i made with gateway, its says something about not enough space...

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I have my hard mod installed and it seems to be working. I am able to read the nand. When i try to write the sysnand backup i made with gateway, its says something about not enough space...
ok make sure you don't format your nand try running win32diskimager as an admin and write your nand.bin while you have BSOD.

Lush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dvSWpu4.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have the BSOD and have done 3 successful dumps of the nand.... but i can't write...

I tried to rename my nand backup from *.bin to *.img

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvSWpu4.png

I have the BSOD and have done 3 successful dumps of the nand.... but i can't write...

I tried to rename my nand backup from *.bin to *.img
The only things I can think of is you either don't have an MMC reader, the SD adapter is not compatible or you have the SD adapter set to "locked" with the switch on this side thus you can read but not write.

Reactions: Lush and LameNobody

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only things I can think of is you either don't have an MMC reader, the SD adapter is not compatible or you have the SD adapter set to "locked" with the switch on this side thus you can read but not write.
Since windows sees it, it's likely to be the lock switch issue..
(he may have to solder the lock pins on his SD adapter together depending on how he made his sd adapter)

Lush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its writing! It was the lock tab. The little tab fell out when i pulled the adapter apart. Taped into place and now it seems to be working.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its writing! It was the lock tab. The little tab fell out when i pulled the adapter apart. Taped into place and now it seems to be working.
Good job you will find having a NAND mod is god send you should upload your 4.5 NAND backup somewhere online like Megaupload privately so you never lose it glad we could help you out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all