Hacking Please Help with my Wii !!!

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 271021
So I can only access the files in the F drive... and if I just copy those files no games show up when I plug the new hard drive in the Wii

I guess I wouldn't mind starting again on the new hard drive but I have no idea how to do that.. and I don't know where to get games..
Ok, i suggest you start everything from scratch again (if you don't care about whats on the old hdd, right?). You do have the SD card with the homebrew apps such as USBLoaderGX, thats what you need to play Wii games, now you need your Wii games to be in WBFS format in a WBFS folder in the root of the hdd. There's an app called Wii backup manager (or something similar), to convert iso files from wii discs if you rip them manually. You can get wbfs ready files on the internet you can look on the internet to find them. Also format to Fat32, use some app to do it Windows can't let you format large drives to Fat32.

Last edited by CoolMe,

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for helping me out! I've managed to transfer everything from the old hard drive to the new one with the backup manager and all is working perfectly! It was easier than I thought. :D I couldn't of done it without you guys though.
Glad you got it to work. Cheers!

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for helping me out! I've managed to transfer everything from the old hard drive to the new one with the backup manager and all is working perfectly! It was easier than I thought. :D I couldn't of done it without you guys though.
That's awesome that you've gotten it to work again! Now, if you can ever get your Wii onto 4.3E and get it to connect to the internet, (try using an Ethernet adapter) I'd install RiiConnect24, and consider patching any backups/wiiware games to use Wiimfi. It's easy, though you'll need to rip the wads for the wiiware off of your wii and idk how to do that, and if you want to patch any of those backups that are on that HDD, copy them to a PC.

https://wii.guide/riiconnect24.html

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs