Hacking PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

theres a possible method to downgrade someone mentioned using Mario Kart Wii but u need a modchip.... can anyone else confirm?

also someone else was able to downgrade thru CIOSCORP by putting System Menu 289.WAD in that folder... although there is a risk u might brick ur system.
 
It might be. Just wait, and use punctuations correctly. I've misread your questions as statements, you know.

EDIT: WADs cannot be installed if you don't have a cIOS beforehand.
 
well... sd card thing is just nintendo's bait to fish all the noobs.
when 4.0 with sd was first released, i told you that after a month, there will be so many people who updated to 4.0 mindlessly and cry on this board.
i guess i was exactly right.
 
Sebastian25 said:
theres a possible method to downgrade someone mentioned using Mario Kart Wii but u need a modchip.... can anyone else confirm?

That doesn't work if you updated through Nintendo, as the signing bug will have been fixed on all IOS versions. Anyway, if the signing bug still worked, you could just use the Homebrew Channel installer ISO to install it to your Wii console.
 
um i updated to 4.0 thru WANNIKOS 4.0 updater.... and I can downgrade anytime I want so Im not crying. People have ALWAYS been warned NEVER to update thru Nintendo ever since the Wii homebrew scene emerged. Anyways, i read some where that if u run CIOSCORP and put System-MenU 289 NTSC.WAD in the folder it will downgrade u to 3.2U from 4.0... if it bricks, then I dont accept any responsibility. but someone on here successfully downgraded that way.
 
Umm.... am I mistaken in thinking that my Wii is on SM4.0? (I haven't turned it on for a while so I can't remember) I seem to remember upgrading to SM4.0 using Waninkoko's update tool... I may be mistaken... all this coding is making my memory go fuzzy
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sorry, this took a long time to post, and after it finished I noticed a new post (which is above mine right now), so it pretty much answers my doubt, lol.
 
OK so if I updated thru Nintendo on a 4.0 Wii. I have the homebrew channel installed but did not install any CIOS, can I still downgrade, or somehow install a cios!!! I want to use the USN Loader
 
Emeraldman94 said:
OK so if I updated thru Nintendo on a 4.0 Wii. I have the homebrew channel installed but did not install any CIOS, can I still downgrade, or somehow install a cios!!! I want to use the USN Loader

As of now, no.
 
Emeraldman94 said:
I want to use the USN Loader
.....What the fuck is a USN Loader?





Jk, i know you meant USB Loader. =P

But ayways you can and cant, If you have Trucha Patched IOS's you cant install cIOS's. If there not Trucha Patched you can.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted