Please help me concerning GAME ID's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DanCordero, Jun 17, 2013.

1. DanCordero
    OP

DanCordero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I got about 30 GB's of .WBFS games (I got the originals,i just want to avoid the hassle of moving the CD's and also i'll use them for my girlfriend's wii), and being the organized man i am, i renamed the files to their original game titles ( e.g.: Super Mario Galaxy 2.wbfs ) and i got the USB Loader GX on my girlfriend's Wii and on mine. It turns out what i tought were random numbers, are the game ID's and apparently you need those for them to work. Is there any way for me to get back all of my GAME ID's? I would appreciate it if there was a way for me to make it work without having to re-burn or re-download my game's backups ISO's/wbfs?:( Please help me, we want to play all of our games on a single USB!

2. Gettwobirdsstone

Gettwobirdsstone Triforce Guardian

Jul 1, 2012
    Canada
    Behind you breathing heavily
    You might be able to rename them manually, did you have covers downloaded for your games, cause on the sd in app/usb loader gx/ cache, you'll find the downloaded covers with the game Id's as each name for the files. Not too sure about wii game manager, could try it the see it reverts the game Id's back.

3. DanCordero
    OP

DanCordero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I did not have any cover for the games, and i will try with wii game manager once i'm out of work. Sadly, i own a Mac, and i think there is no Wii game manager for mac. Is there any other way i can make the USB Loader GX read the .wbfs files without their GAME ID's?

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Dual boot Win 7?

5. DanCordero
    OP

DanCordero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I think installing another OS on my Mac just to use a program to see if it can find out game's ID is very complicated and laborious, that's why i'm asking if there is another alternative in these forums! I appreciate your replies guys, thank you! Any other alternative? (And i still don't know if wii game manager can get the game ID's)

6. Wiimm

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    WBFS manager for Mac:
    * wit
    * Witgui for Mac
    http://wit.wiimm.de/#gui

The original ID is stored at different places. The command line tool "wit" can help you to list all IDs:
    Code:
    # wit id pool/wdf/ -l

DISC TICKET TMD  BOOT  WBFS
      ID    ID  ID    ID    ID  Partition  File
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RHAP01 RHAP RHAP RHAP01  --      DATA=0  pool/wdf/wpl.wdf
    RUUP01 RUUP RUUP RUUP01  --      DATA=0  pool/wdf/animal.wdf
    SB4E01 SB4E SB4E SB4E01  --      DATA=0  pool/wdf/smg2.wdf
    RTYP01 RTYP RTYP RTYP01  --      DATA=0  pool/wdf/wch.wdf
    RSBP01 RSBP RSBP RSBP01  --      DATA=0  pool/wdf/ssb.wdf
    RMCP01 RMCP RMCP RMCP01  --      DATA=0  pool/wdf/mkw.wdf

7. DanCordero
    OP

DanCordero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I downloaded the Wii Game Manager for PC (I am at work on a PC) , and now i can't open any WBFS files with it, i use open wbfs (either List A or List B) and it does not recognize any wbfs file and nothing happens when i just click the folder which contains any wbfs file...any help?

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    try with WiiBackupManager if you can use Windows.

go to Options > Settings > FAT32/NTFS tab
    Store files : in separate subfolders (it's easier to understand which game are your files because the subfolder will have the game's name)
    Naming Style : Title_ (or Title [GameID])
    Check : Automatically update storage convention on mount

Save and quit the settings.

Now, go to Drive 1 tab, select your partition in the dropdown list and all found games will (should) be moved/renamed correctly.