PLEASE HELP! MAX FRUSTATION! SO CLOSE YET SEEMS SO FAR AWAY!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Paul Brown, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    OK I AM ABOUT TO SMASH THIS COMPUTER UP. SO FRUSTRATING! THIS IS THE ISO (SEE PIC), AS YOU CAN ON MY HARD DRIVE PORTABLE DRIVE, IN WBFS FORMAT. THE HARD DRIVE IS NOT WBFS BUT FAT32. WHEN I CONNECT IT TO THE BACK OF THE WII LOAD UP EITHER WII FLOW OR LOADER GX, NOTHING IS HAPPENING AS IF NOT RECOGNISING. IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I NEED TO DO BEFORE CONNECTING THE HARD DRIVE UP? I DONT HAVE THE GAME NUMBER (OR SOMETHING) DOES THIS MATTER?

Attached Files:

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    First of all, chill - using CAPS online means that you're screaming. Secondly, yes, your HDD doesn't seem to follow the correct folder and image name structure. Are you using any form of a Backup Manager or did you just drag and drop?

Fpsrussia117 likes this.
  3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    you need to do these things:
    1. calm the fuck down
    2. create a folder called wbfs (this is off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure that's correct)
    3. create a folder inside that called "Super Mario Galaxy [CODEXX]" where CODEXX is the game code (four letters, two numbers, you can probably find it on the internet)
    4. put the .wbfs file inside that folder.
    Hopefully it should work after that. It's much easier to just plug in the hard drive, insert the disk and rip it yourself though, most USB loaders have default functions for that.
    WBFS managers such as WiiFusion will do the latter three steps or so automatically so you may want to use one of those.

Fpsrussia117 likes this.
  4. JPnintendo

JPnintendo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    Argentina
    Some HHDs wont work on wii u. It is because the lack of power supply. You'll need a "Y" USB cable. It will give more power to the HDDs from both WiiU's USB port.

5. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    I've ordered one of these but it's not a Arrived yet.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [CODEXX]'es can be found on the WiiTDB Database, although it would probably be more convenient to just grab a Wii Backup Manager of some sort. I personally use Windows, so I wouldn't know what's available for Mac's, but this, this and this look promising, they'll do most of the job for you.

The HDD should be detected regardless of whether or not it has the proper file structure - if you hear the spindle spinning, it's looking for files, but you haven't placed them in the correct folder under the expected name.

EDIT: I just realized that this is a mirror of this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-games-of-the-net.364428/#post-4966245

Reporting for closing and deletion, sorry - don't double-post the same issue, just wait for someone to answer your question.

Fpsrussia117 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.