Hacking please for the love of god help me

neochaos21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(DSi, AK2i (bought from GameByGame), 2gb SanDisk micro sd card (also from GameByGame) )
alright, i'll list everything that i did in order so you guys can better help
got the AK2i
installed the default firmware, put some roms on
upgraded the boot-strap with OsUp patched with DLDI, worked fine (didn't get the Danny Phantom icon, didn't think/know of it at the time)
started up nice, froze at loading screen
formatted my sd card with panasonic sd formatter 2.0, put the AKAIO firmware on with updated loaders
everything worked fine
played shit all last night and today and everything was fine
got home, decided that since i upgraded the boot-strap, i'd upgrade my DSi to 1.4
started that, added some more roms
it finished, put my kard back in my DSi and... nothing. nothing shows up, there's no game
i thought it might be bricked, so i checked it in my phatty and in my mom's DSL, and it's still won't show up
*edit* tried re-reformatting, put on a fresh AKAIO, Nothing
tried doing the paper/tape trick, still nothing, and wiped off my contacts with a QTip, nothing
so... wtf do i do now
please say i can fix this
*edit* and yes, i did make sure both the AK and my DSi "clicked"

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be more specific:
does the acekard load? does it just say 'loading?', or just no games show up?
I'm assuming your microSD just corrupted, since it started not working after you put more rom, so if you want to just re-format your microSD and put the required stuff, see if it boots up, then put games on.

neochaos21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can't load because the AK won't even show up
and i forgot to put it in, so i just edited my post, but i did do a FULL reformat, and nothing, at all
*edit* attempting to reformat again. doing a full (ERASE) format. who knows, maybe the second time around will work

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...sooo acekard won't show up in the DSL/DSi menu? or when you play it, its just plain black. bee more specific pl0x :3

neochaos21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it won't show up in my DSi menu, nor my phatty or DSL menu
and the 3rd reformat didn't work
*edit* "The is nothing inserted in the Game Card slot."

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe contct the supplyer like gamebygame tell them after you used it it started to not work now just is fucked up or try to another micro sd card and see if it works maybe it could be the sd you never know. i had to buy 5 micro sd card for it to work on the edge but then i decided to buy a sdhc for school and i tried it on edge it worked now i have 4 for school so like maybe you need ot find hte right brand or size

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need to try to reinsert the flash cart sometimes the Ak2i doesn't contact right just take it out and try to put it in eventually it will show on the menu...ive noticed after the first few times i had that problem it doesnt do it anymore everytime i insert the cart it works fine every time.

FabledGumbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be that some of the plastic casing on the card is covering some of the contact pins. If you're feeling bold you could try trimming or re-aligning it.

neochaos21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried taking it out and putting it back in about 20 or 30 times, turning it on and off multiple times, tried using my 500Mb sd card (after formatting) from my phone, and i tried blowing in my DSi and AK2i
nothing
at all
i'm so fucking pissed/depressed

neochaos21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the double post, but
fuck, what happens if you use the DSL 1.4 fix instead of the DSi fix?
if the update didn't go through cause i used the DSL fix, could having my kart in a 1.4 DSi brick it?

neochaos21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that's the case that it is the contacts...
i read somewhere that you can use alcohol with the Qtip. is this advisable?\
*heh, late post. i'm finding some now*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...