PlayStation Plus games for January 2023 include Fallout 76, Jedi Fallen Order, and Axiom Verge 2

dsadsadasasad.png

Sony is ringing in the new year with some new free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Starting January 3rd, players can grab Fallout 76, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, and Axiom Verge 2. The latter are available as both PS4 and PS5 versions, while Fallout 76 is a PS4 game, with backwards compatibility on PS5. Don't forget to grab last month's titles, which included Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, while you still can.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have axiom verge 2 on the switch. Not sure why I bought it considering I can't figure out where to go in the first one.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’m told 76 is actually good fun with all the new expansions, so I might give it another spin sometime. I’m probably grossly overencumbered as at the time I was playing the “infinite carry weight” glitch was still working, and let’s face it, carry capacity is annoying.

As for Axiom Verge 2, I recently picked up the first one because I like myself a good Metroidvania and I heard it’s pretty good. Still in foil, haven’t gotten around to playing it yet. Getting the sequel as a freebie is an additional motivator, so yay.

As for Fallen Order, I’m still yet to play it despite having access to EA Play, but having a permanent copy is always handy.

Overall a meh month since I own/have access to two out of three, but hey - can’t win all of’em.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a bad selection.
I already own Fallen Order... I have the first Axiom Verge, so getting the sequel will be cool... and I'm intrigued by Fallout 76 - I absolutely adore Fallout 3, I controversially thought that New Vegas was not as good (enjoyable, but felt like it contained less than its predecessor), and I skipped Fallout 4, so it's been a while since I ventured into the wasteland.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I loved both Axiom verge's games.
The second one I was blocked for more than an hour because I didn't understand the text (in Engrish). but the gameplay and story are great.
Don't expect great graphics, but for 8bit-like they are good, and they are both good metroidvania games.
Gameplay ideas are original, it changes from other games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surprisingly good for Sony
Fallout 76 got a bit worse when they added NPCs but still a very good game.

Removing dialogue is probably the best thing Bethesda could ever do. Their dialogue is terrible, but their environmental storytelling is on point.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m never *not* subbed to Plus, so it may as well be.

Neither am I, but it still doesn't change the fact it's not permanent. Amazing game though, imo enough to have double dipped on it. I originally bought it for my PS4 Pro but was without a PS for a while inbetween the time I sold it and the time I bought a PS5, so I bought it for my Series X when the free next-gen upgrade was released. Deluxe Edition is under $8 on the PSN Store right now too if you (or anyone else) happened to want to make it a bit more permanent. SUPER excited for the sequel. Probably my #1 most highly anticipated game, and I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan outside of the original trilogy.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I played first axiom on vita and I really enjoyed it, so I will albo be happy to play second part on my ps4 or also on vita via remote play.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Neither am I, but it still doesn't change the fact it's not permanent. Amazing game though, imo enough to have double dipped on it. I originally bought it for my PS4 Pro but was without a PS for a while inbetween the time I sold it and the time I bought a PS5, so I bought it for my Series X when the free next-gen upgrade was released. Deluxe Edition is under $8 on the PSN Store right now too if you (or anyone else) happened to want to make it a bit more permanent. SUPER excited for the sequel. Probably my #1 most highly anticipated game, and I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan outside of the original trilogy.
I’ll be honest, we’re 12 years down the line and I still have access to all of that content on consoles that have long since been retired. Nowadays the subscription deals are just too good to pass up - I buy physical copies only for games that I intend to keep forever and ever (often times ones that I already have on Plus/Gamepass). We probably have forum members that are younger than some of my Plus games, but technically yes, you’re right - one day the servers will shut off. When will that day come? I have no idea. It seems that Sony intends to maintain the ability to download even after the “old” stores shut their doors, at least that was the case with the PS3.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was referring to when I said "Deluxe Edition is under $8 on the PSN Store right now too if you (or anyone else) happened to want to make it a bit more permanent."
I "own" the P.T. Demo on my PSN account, but to actually be able to download it I had to use a program on the PC and use the DNS of it.

It's easier just to download and install it on a hacked PS4.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Except it's not a permanent copy.

The monthly games are more Semi-Permanent, they're in your account no matter what once you claim them so they can't be removed like they could with the catalogue services, but they won't boot without an active sub.

I mean look at how Rockstar is using those services, they basically use them as a time limited demo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...