nIxx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So it seems as Sony already have some WiiMotion oh sorry Sony's Motion Wand controller
tongue.gif
games in the pipe lines

Resident Evil 5 (Alternative Edition)
LittleBigPlanet Motion

After those two games, Sony released an official list of games that use the PlayStation Motion Controller (including a handful of titles that will be upgraded via a patch.) Those games listed include:
Ape Escape PS3
Echochrome 2
Eccentric Slider
Sing and Draw
Champions of TimeMotion Party
The Shoot
Tower: Unknown what this is, but we'll take a flying guess and assume this is a motion-controlled version of Jenga?
PAIN!: aka Mr. Pain. Now you can Ooooch with your own body!
Flower
Hustle KingsHigh Velocity Bowling
EyePet
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027972p1.html

What i find courious is that RE5 AE will be controlled with the Wand thingy and a PS3 controller !? how should this work well i´m sure Capcom does it right at the end it´s just a strange control setup
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
You play with one hand holding the Wand and the other a Dual Shock 3.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027961p1.html

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate the way the controller looks....

It looks like one of those fake Ice-Cream toys, where you press the button, and the top flies off.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
nIxx said:
So it seems as Sony already have some WiiMotion oh sorry Sony's Motion Wand controller
tongue.gif
games in the pipe lines

Resident Evil 5 (Alternative Edition)
LittleBigPlanet Motion

After those two games, Sony released an official list of games that use the PlayStation Motion Controller (including a handful of titles that will be upgraded via a patch.) Those games listed include:
Ape Escape PS3
Echochrome 2
Eccentric Slider
Sing and Draw
Champions of TimeMotion Party
The Shoot
Tower: Unknown what this is, but we'll take a flying guess and assume this is a motion-controlled version of Jenga?
PAIN!: aka Mr. Pain. Now you can Ooooch with your own body!
Flower
Hustle KingsHigh Velocity Bowling
EyePet
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027972p1.html

What i find courious is that RE5 AE will be controlled with the Wand thingy and a PS3 controller !? how should this work well i´m sure Capcom does it right at the end it´s just a strange control setup
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
You play with one hand holding the Wand and the other a Dual Shock 3.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027961p1.html
My life is finally complete...

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
and sony said that UMD is a failure and is planned from the beginning. Sure....and this "motion control" is also planned from the beginning?

Im glad im a nntendo fan from the beginning.

Hmmm...you have two controllers on one game?

you hold the PS3 controller like normal and the "motion control" inside your right/left hands (depends which one you write on it). I can see it now.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd love to play Resident Evil 5 with the RE4 Wii controls, but I don't think this setup is the same. I mean, a DualShock in one hand? That doesn't seem comfortable at all, I vote for a Wii version.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are PS3 owners really gonna buy RE5 again just for the motion controls? Should have been DLC or something.

Isn't Microsofts Natal is said to be able to work with already owned games with just a patch (like Burnout Paradise)?

Anyway I don't see this taking off to be honest, will do well like the Eyetoy but I don't see it stealing the Wii's thunder. Sony should concentrate on trying to get the so called "Hardcore" Nintendo gamers than the casual.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
November 2006: "Hey see the Nintendo Wii! YOU HAVE TO WAGGLE THE CONTROLLER HAR HAR HAR, we'll rule again with PS3"
November 2007: "Hey, we're still winning, right?"
November 2008: "Dude, this is Nuts! That Wii controller sux, PS3 has the best games and we won't ever do something as gimmicky as that! THIS IS LIVING!"
November 2009: "AAAAAAAAND MOTION CONTROLLER FOR PLAAAAAAAAAYSTATION THREEEEEEE"

Typically Sony.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Are PS3 owners really gonna buy RE5 again just for the motion controls? Should have been DLC or something.

Isn't Microsofts Natal is said to be able to work with already owned games with just a patch (like Burnout Paradise)?

Anyway I don't see this taking off to be honest, will do well like the Eyetoy but I don't see it stealing the Wii's thunder. Sony should concentrate on trying to get the so called "Hardcore" Nintendo gamers than the casual.

I wonder if by "Alternate edition" it means there's going to be two versions, one regular controls only, and one motion controls only?

I mean I know it sounds stupid, but it also sounds like something Sony would do.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*Probably going to get flamed, but...*
I have never seen Sony in recent years actually come out with a product that no other big gaming company has. This is really just a copy of Nintendo's (better) version, and when Natal comes out it won't be long before we hear rumours of Sony's version of the device.

Aaahhh, feels good to get this off my chest.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt140 said:
*Probably going to get flamed, but...*
I have never seen Sony in recent years actually come out with a product that no other big gaming company has. This is really just a copy of Nintendo's (better) version, and when Natal comes out it won't be long before we here rumours of Sony's version of the device.

Aaahhh, feels good to get this off my chest.
well natal is really just a eye toy with more features

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it is a great concept, that they use patched to integrate the functionality of the motion controller rather then releasing the game on a disc again!

And the IR-Pointer is just great so ciongrats to every ps3-owner, since it makes game like CoD and RE5 way better!

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
ZAFDeltaForce said:
I really hope Wii shovelware that will utilize this Wiimote spin-off won't be ported to the PS3.

It'll really suck if that happened

Dude...check this out...

Jun Takeuchi of Capcom on Natal and Sony's controller.

Natal

QUOTE said:
I haven't heard much about how Western developers have reacted to Natal so I can't really talk about that, but I've heard a lot of people in the industry in Japan respond to it like it's a new problem that they have: "How are we going to develop games for this? What are we supposed to do with this now?" I can say that the developers in our offices back in Osaka have been very receptive to Natal and are looking forward to hopefully coming up with some good ideas for it.

Sony's motion control device

Well just being from Capcom, I can tell you that we have a lot of good ideas on how to make use of that technology and we're looking forward to putting them into practice. However, speaking to other developers in Japan, I've heard a few of them say they were delighted by the Sony motion controller because they can just port over their Wii titles to the PS3.
rofl.gif

Full interview here...

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:
And the Eyetoy is just a version of Sega's DreamEye.
Thank you very much.
Didnt know that.

When I was having a discussion with my GF about whats better, nintendo or sony, she always said the wiimotes are just some ripoff from the eyetoy.
But actually sony already stole the idea from sega
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wabsta said:
Hadrian said:
And the Eyetoy is just a version of Sega's DreamEye.
Thank you very much.
Didnt know that.

When I was having a discussion with my GF about whats better, nintendo or sony, she always said the wiimotes are just some ripoff from the eyetoy.
But actually sony already stole the idea from sega
smile.gif
Actually the Wiimotes are real controllers, the Eyetoy really isn't. If you just wanna say that the Wiimotes ripped off something, it'd be the Dreamcast's Fishing Rod
nyanya.gif

Actually, I find the Wiimotes pretty innovative. They haven't ripped off anything.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
ravihpa said:
ZAFDeltaForce said:
I really hope Wii shovelware that will utilize this Wiimote spin-off won't be ported to the PS3.

It'll really suck if that happened

Dude...check this out...

Jun Takeuchi of Capcom on Natal and Sony's controller.

Natal

QUOTE said:
I haven't heard much about how Western developers have reacted to Natal so I can't really talk about that, but I've heard a lot of people in the industry in Japan respond to it like it's a new problem that they have: "How are we going to develop games for this? What are we supposed to do with this now?" I can say that the developers in our offices back in Osaka have been very receptive to Natal and are looking forward to hopefully coming up with some good ideas for it.

Sony's motion control device

Well just being from Capcom, I can tell you that we have a lot of good ideas on how to make use of that technology and we're looking forward to putting them into practice. However, speaking to other developers in Japan, I've heard a few of them say they were delighted by the Sony motion controller because they can just port over their Wii titles to the PS3.
rofl.gif

Full interview here...

Oh ho! Look like there's a bit of competition starting now... and only 3 years late!
Well, I can remember seeing a chart of Sony's controller design and how they've simply ripped off other developers controllers. Well, lets hope now most of the Wii's shovelware heads over to the PS3!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back