Hardware Playstation TV controller options

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, heard so many good stories about the ps tv mod possibilities and the famous Sharpscale plugin that i was happy to pick one up for cheap. But i am a bit disappointed with the controller options. I have one of those japanese hori wireless ps4 controllers so i thought that i could use that for the ps tv because it is compatible with ps4 controllers, but unfortunately it is not compatible. Hooking up ps3 controllers was also a strange thing, the model CECHZC2E was a piece of cake and connected instantly. But the other model i have, the CECHZC2Ua1 was a pain in the ***. Had to turn it on and off a few times to get it working, but the lights are still acting weird when connected.

I am not a huge fan of the playstation d-pad (i'm more a nintendo d-pad fan) when playing games like Shovel Knight so the hori ps4 gamepad was a perfect option for me (also, i got small hands :P).

So my question is, are there good solid input lag free controller options for the playstation tv? Or are there plugins that enable more controller options (beside of the wiimote plugin, i've tested that one and it is not working for every game)? I read some stories about input lag when playing with a original ps4 controller, but don't know if that is true.

Just curious of playing games with a ps3 controller is my only option :(

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voyee Wired Controller for PSTV
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WD4TSNQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1QSHC1AY9G6NX&psc=1

MayFlash Universal Adaptor
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089OBLDO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Compatibility Fix

Worked Fine for one pstv unit, for the other pstv unit, the controller would keep disconnecting after about a minute, with flashing red light on the mayflash adaptor, and flashing Live button on controller............right after starting the pstv unit with adaptor and controller plugged in.

............in settings/Power Save Settings/"Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode" make sure this is checked...........this fixed the problem.

(the controller is wired, this issue may have to do with the factory that produce the unit (?)..........not the firmware specifically........both units are on 3.60 firmware, downgraded from 3.65)

(I did some controller test recently, multiple controllers, and only recommand this cheap brand "voyee" for the vita, other brands may work, cloned 360 controllers work, however, I found a solution)

(the other controller, amazon.com/PAWHITS-Controller-Vibrator-Gamepad-Gaming/dp/B07KXM32WT/ref=sr_1_55?dchild=1&keywords=xbox+360+controller&qid=1595432961&s=electronics&sr=1-55 .................. DIDN'T REQUIRE, the power save wi-fi setting to fix disconnects, it did work fine, but its low build quality, not that responsive.............other controllers work but that is just out of what I purchased and tested)

( what I use at the moment for the ps3 is a wired, https://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-DG...s=shadow+ps3+controller&qid=1598027876&sr=8-9 ............. Has no specific issues, except the "d-pad" is not as soft as the original controller, the "rock candy ps3 controller" susposed has that, but haven't tested)

(@play Controllers, seems you should avoid buying those, since I did eventually find "false inputs" on all the ones I tested, I test three models (both sold at gamestop's website for ps3)...............the other @play Controller I got from gamestop, was not listed on their site, was a rebranded "Rock Candy Controller", which worked fine)

EDIT

Couldn't modify the "display area settings/"enlarge shrink option with cloned controller, but those options were modified though the sharpscale plugin's configuration utility, for the resolution picked in the display settings, that changes the display size. etc.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Flo_o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi yeshuachrist, thank you for your tips. Sorry for my laziness, saw that there are way more controllers tips in previous threads. The adapter looks really nice, just a bummer that it's impossible to ship one to Europe, amazon can be a pain in the *ss :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER