PS1/2 PlayStation disc speed?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of course it have. or I don't know, I can say yes because sometimes my Megaman X5 copy works, I don't know if the disc is it or the disc drive, again, I don't think my disc drive can be, I already said it, I restored it and changed the laser.
My cousin gave me that PSone, I just restored it.

It still doesn't work ;O;
maybe it's my disc?
EDIT: the weird thing is my PSone doesn't load the disc, but ePSXe loads the disc.

Then the disc is working but your PSOne doesn't reads it... as sarkwelvin asked, do you have a modchip?

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Then the disc is working but your PSOne doesn't reads it... as sarkwelvin asked, do you have a modchip?
I already said it again (oh)

My cousin gave it to me, I just restored it, I changed the laser and the disc drive, I didn't removed anything. so, Megaman X5 sometimes it loads, sometimes nah, but sure the disc loads, but loooooong loading screen, and laggy music too.
My Sillent Hill original disc works perfectly. it have no lag.
so, uh... I don't know...

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I recomend you use "InfraRecorder",it is the windows version of linux cdrecord and works great.Also it is open source .

http://infrarecorder.org/
Man, I'm out of discs. Maybe I will try tomorrow...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The disc i'm currently using is the correct? I already post it too

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
If you need to buy CD,i recomend you to try other kind of disk (the manufacter).it can sound silly but i had problems some time ago and it was the disk which i dont know why ,the reader doesnt read fine

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
If you need to buy CD,i recomend you to try other kind of disk (the manufacter).it can sound silly but i had problems some time ago and it was the disk which i dont know why ,the reader doesnt read fine
Okay, I will try to find greenpad CD-R since Megaman X5 i have is that.
Any disc recommendation if I found?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, I will try to find greenpad CD-R since Megaman X5 i have is that.
Any disc recommendation if I found?
It can be the disc.
It is not weird at all the ePSXe loads the disc, you are using your PC disc drive.
IIRC the PS1 disc drive was a whimsy bastard.
It was decades ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I remember that it was very picky regarding CD brands, and I had to record things below 8X for them to work (I usually did at 4X).
Try looking for a time machine and getting an old Verbatim CD-R and a CD-Writer that can do 4X. j/k
Try some other CD brand.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man, I'm out of discs. Maybe I will try tomorrow...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The disc i'm currently using is the correct? I already post it too

Those are one of the cheapest ones... But anyway I've seen PSX game disks burned on Princo CD's, and those are the cheapest one's I know. If you can find some try Verbatim CD-R disks, and even better the one's that support the lowest burning speeds it would be better. I remember there were some Verbatim's writeable at 4X but I can only find 8X on my shelf.

Oh BTW, most DVD writers would go from 16X as a start, so then the media used must support low recording speeds to "force" that.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Those are one of the cheapest ones... But anyway I've seen PSX game disks burned on Princo CD's, and those are the cheapest one's I know. If you can find some try Verbatim CD-R disks, and even better the one's that support the lowest burning speeds it would be better. I remember there were some Verbatim's writeable at 4X but I can only find 8X on my shelf.
So, any brand disc can be, except 8x, 4x must be?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he can always try the ps one disc swap trick and see if he can get it read. Don't need a mod chip for that. maybe the drives laser is alittle weak.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, any brand disc can be, except 8x, 4x must be?
Not any CD brand works, it is very picky.
You don't normally know which brands do work, but there certainly are many brands that usually don't.
In the long past, Verbatim was fail-proof. It worked almost always.

PS: it was very picky, picky on the CD brand, on the writing speed, even on the CD writer used.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr