Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E3-2011-Sony-at-E3-1069644-e1305892156639-610x250.jpg
The press conference started out with an apology for the outage and thanks for the commitment of playstation gamers. Jack said over 90% of PSN traffic was back after the outage.

Uncharted 3 demo played and trailer shown.

Along with the already announced multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3 when you buy inFamous 2, Sony announced a partnership with Subway to unlock early access to the "complete" competitive Uncharted 3 experience. According to the brief announcement, players will be able to visit Subway in October to get early access to Uncharted 3's full multiplayer component.

God of War Origins Collection was announced, PS3 versions of both of the PSP games by Ready at Dawn, they will be HDified and 3Dified, coming around September.

In a very interesting move, and something i'm personally considering, Sony anounced a PlayStation-branded 3D display bundle. It is 24 inches (relatively small) and obviously works like a normal HDTV aswell (not sure if 720p or 1080p, i'm betting on 720p), it comes with Resistance 3, a 6 foot HDMI cable, and a pair of 3D glasses (additional pairs are $70 each). This TV also uses the 3D technology to allow two people (each wearing a pair of glasses) to look at a different image on the same screen simultaneously, effectively replacing split-screen and eliminating screen-cheating. The best part? It's only $500.

In another bundle of sorts involving Resistance 3, Playstation announced Resistance 3 'Doomsday Edition', which is basically a Move bundle. The bundle includes Resistance 3 (obviously), A playstation move controller and a navigation controller (both used simultaneously for Move), a playstation eye (which is required for the move controller to work, and a sharpshooter. It will be coming September 6th for $150.

The Playstation Move can now be used to control NBA 2K12, but the whole control scheme is garbage

Jack announced that the PS3 is the leading device for streaming Netflix, claiming nearly 30% of Netflix traffic.

Jack announced that a CinemaNow app will be coming *in the future*, just incase Netflix, Hulu, and the Playstation store weren't enough for you.

The developers of Sports Champions are creating a new game called "Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest", which is a move-only action game where you shoot, slash, and throw ninja stars to attack enemies (all without switching between weapons, it can tell which attack you're doing by your motion). It also has a grappling hook to do some Zelda-style grappling hook-action. The arrows were used to hit targets which opened a path for you to grapple through, all with the Move mind you.

Jack Tretton announced that the upcoming co-op Star Trek title will feature both PlayStation and Move support. PlayStation network will also host an exclusive downloadable prequel to the game, which will also be 3D and PlayStation Move enabled. Star Trek is scheduled to be released next year.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is getting full Move support for level creation and playing in an update in September.

Sly Cooper is coming back in "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time", there was a weird trailer with a lizard named Dmitri... just watch it

Dust 514 is announced, a PS3 exclusive that ties in with the EVE universe (the PC MMO). It will support the Move and there will be an extension game on the NGP. It will launcher next summer and there will be a closed beta by the end of this year on PSN. Not too excited about this, the gameplay looked too generic and i don't really care about the EVE universe.

Bioshock Infinite trailer shown

Bioshock Infinite will have Move support on the PS3, but Irrational is still finding ways on how to implement it (they want to do it, he had a little speech about it). Also, Bioshock one will come with Bioshock Infinite for free, on the same Blu-ray disc.

The Bioshock universe is coming to the NGP, what he called a *pet project*, no details.

EA and Sony announced exclusive extras coming to the PS3 versions of three multiplatform EA games. For SSX, it's an exclusive Mt. Fuji level. For Need for Speed: The Run, it's seven exclusive supercars including the Bugatti Veyron. The PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will come with a free copy of Battlefield 1943.

Saints Row: The Third will launch November 15, the ps3 version will feature an exclusive mode on the PS3 utilizing the game's "signature weapon." So basically the dildo bat. This "over-the-top" game mode will rely on the PlayStation Move, but no details.

NGP officially announced the Playstation Vita, pronounced "Veeta", meaning 'life', soon to be shortened to PSV

The PSV costs $250 for the wifi model, $300 for the 3g & wifi model, no word on if there is a data plan attached, same prices in Euros too. The PSV will launch globally by the end of this year.

AT&T is officially announced as the exclusive provider of 3g data, the croud moans and he shrugs it off, no word on data plans.

Cross-game voice chat is announced for the PSV, called "Party", it allows people to talk to each other with either the built in mic or a headset. I honestly think the PS3 isn't capable of cross-game voice chat and it won't ever come.

Street Fighter X Tekken is coming to the PSV as well as the other platforms, Cole from inFamous will be a featured special character, and he might be in the PS3 version too.

Ruin is announced as a "social-action-RPG" where players create their own hero and lair, and siege the lairs of their friends and rivals. The top-down, Diablo-style lootfest will also have a PS3 version, which allows players to transfer their saves between the two versions at-will. So you can play to a certain part on your PSV, then save to the cloud and continue in the same spot on your PS3.

LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers are coming to the PSV, ModNation Racers for the PSV will work with PS3 tracks, costumes, etc. Both of the games are designed with the touch controls in mind for various different methods of gameplay or track creation.

and a list of PSV devlopers
[/p]

from various places and watching the stream, i definitely missed some trailers so browse Playstation's youtube account for all of them

Bonus clip: Official PSV reveal trailer
[youtube]RIaJHh60hQY[/youtube]

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a tiny remark:

Medieval Moves is an on-rails game, the description you gave makes it a sound a lot more awesome than what it is, lol.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They announced some solid software and confirmed details about the PS Vita, but there was nothing especially groundbreaking.
Some particular clever uses of technology like the use of the 3DS display to deliver a separate image to each player was more than welcome. Of course, that requires buying Sony's own $500 display.

I can't knock their conference, it was a solid show and was really just inoffensive.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigLord said:
Just a tiny remark:

Medieval Moves is an on-rails game, the description you gave makes it a sound a lot more awesome than what it is, lol.
really? it looked like he was doing some motion with the controller to move around, it didn't look on rails at all

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Overall I thought it was better than Microsoft's. Nothing that great in particular, but still a solid line-up with some cool games. The Vita's price point was quite a shocker, though. I'm more curious as to what Nintendo has in store tomorrow.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was incredibly disappointed that they only mentioned the Playstation Suite and Xperia Play, they said they would get more into them *soon*

that was my main disappointment for the whole show

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks!
I was looking forward to seeing Sony delay the NGP or something (Sony hater
tongue.gif
), but my wonderful internet has a 1GB limit and is extremely slow, so there's no way I can watch any conference at the moment.
I'm gonna miss Nintendo's
frown.gif

And I already missed MS's. :/

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
What is it with all of these companies teaming up with AT&T? Worst. Service. Ever.

AT&T has a lot of money. So much so, they seem to get every contract first, while the generally more reliable companies are put on standby, maybe indefinitely. Maybe they'll get better overall once the whole eating of T-Mobile happens.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
PSVita looks amazing! And the price is even more so!
biggrin.gif
Well played Sony, you might just have given the 3DS a run for it's money...but the 'Beem' or 'Cafe' might just be Nintendo's trump card this year, given their lacklustre handheld...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Frankly speaking, even at $249.99

I don't like Vita.

I have seen it personally and even touched it, but still it doesn't grab me.

Looks more like an enhanced PS3 controller rather than a handheld to me.
frown.gif

(no offense to anyone who thinks i'm crazy)

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Frankly speaking, even at $249.99

I don't like Vita.

I have seen it personally and even touched it, but still it doesn't grab me.

Looks more like an enhanced PS3 controller rather than a handheld to me.
frown.gif

(no offense to anyone who thinks i'm crazy)
closedeyes.gif

I guess I appreciate it more because I own a PS3 and love it. So this whole concept of synergy between all of it's systems and suites is a MAJOR pull for me.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
this look like is setting up for the remaster PSP game for the ps3

you do not NEED to update to use the PSN if you are on 3.61

QUOTE said:
PS3 System Software Update (v3.65)

+ Posted by Eric Lempel // VP, Sony Network Entertainment
Earlier tonight we released an optional system software update (v3.65) for PlayStation 3. This new firmware improves the operating stability of some PS3 format software, and changes the XMB item SaveData Utility (minis) to [SaveData Utility(minis/PSP)].
Again, this update is optional, and can be downloaded by selecting System Update from the Setting column of the XMB.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take my money, sony. I think with the way the 3DS is going we have a clear winner. Don't get me wrong, I've got a 3DS and I like it, but I'd trade it for this in a heartbeat. The Vita just looks fucking awesome. And I want Little Big Planet on it. That's a selling point.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna buy myself a psv. 3DS just isn't doing it for me at the moment but I'll hang on to it because I know it will eventually come through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife