Playstation classic

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool have a 64gb stick doing nothing I take it if the stick is not plugged in it just works in stock mode ,
Also no special way need to set up the game folders ?
I placed my games in the games folder with each in its own folder. Some have all their games in the 21 folder that's in the games folder. Up to you.

CrashBragecoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does anyone else experience that the flashdrive unmounts while playing. The game just freezes. And when you are exiting to game screen png is gone and game 21 dont start. Then i have to do full power cycle to get it working again but after a while its gone again same ting if i suspends the
console and starts again without pulling the power cord the flash is unmounted.

Reactions: TonyBiH

TonyBiH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I noticed when you not using additional games that they thend to dissapear and you need to make full power cycle yes also if you play original games. Probably have to do with storage space. If you use all savestates and memory cards from original games you will get in to trouble loading additional one. Probably removing 21st game from db and loading in place of original is better solution untill is fully hacked with GUI. I hope retroach will be implemented in GUI like hakchi2.

Reactions: titaniuml

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Two pages of people not reading what they are doing already...

The "updated package" is not "nice progress", it is "splitting the lolhack.sh for no reason".

To stop the USB drive from unmounting the lolhack.sh sends a command for the devices shell to endlessly sleep. If you've somehow written that out...

There also is no issue exiting the game screen, everything works well with the right lolhack.sh in place.

If you need one that works, I've posted the code a few pages back.

The retroarch video is not "yes, but sadly there is no word on how to set it up", it is a proof of concept.

NOTHING has to do with storage space, because gpghax, simply symlinks your USB drive into the classics game directory. You are not touching any of the consoles storage space, apart from the 9KB db file. And as far as your USB stick is concerned - well, does the cue/bin (/pbp) fit on it, or not? There is all your storage space concerns touched upon right there.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: CrashBragecoot

CrashBragecoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Two pages of people not reading what they are doing already...

The "updated package" is not "nice progress", it is "splitting the lolhack.sh for no reason".

To stop the USB drive from unmounting the lolhack.sh sends a command for the devices shell to endlessly sleep. If you've somehow written that out...

There also is no issue exiting the game screen, everything works well with the right lolhack.sh in place.

If you need one that works, I've posted the code a few pages back.

The retroarch video is not "yes, but sadly there is no word on how to set it up", it is a proof of concept.

NOTHING has to do with storage space, because gpghax, simply symlinks your USB drive into the classics game directory. You are not touching any of the consoles storage space, apart from the 9KB db file. And as far as your USB stick is concerned - well, does the cue/bin (/pbp) fit on it, or not? There is all your storage space concerns touched upon right there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am using you script in lolhack.sh but the flashdrive still unmounts after while could it be an issue with my flashdrive? And also is it normal too have too do a full powercycle everytime you start the console becouse this will whrite a new database file everytime

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It shouldn't be dependent on the type of USB drive. I've personally never experienced unmounting with the lolhack.sh I use - but I havent played a game for hours yet.

If you are concerned, that you rewrite the 9KB db file onto the classic over and over again, just comment it out (put a # in front of the line) in the script. Although all things considered, if you dont cut power just at the moment the db file gets written, all that that does is to prevent a 9kb write on a 16gb flash storage (with probably about at least 1 GB free), so it shouldnt be all that necessary.

I've only ever hard booted with power cut before, but I'll look into if booting without stripping power is possible as well in my case.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: CrashBragecoot

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I felt kind of claustrophobic by the default UI, so I went full minimalist.
Don't hate, see the opportunities with this! :)

With this I feel like the UI feels a lot more open.
Background maybe should've been a bit darker.

Reactions: ezi0n and Hekel

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
A few videos showcasing some games that are not on the Playstation classic by default - games from a time when Konami wasnt already fuckonami... ;)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: titaniuml

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I've also played games altogether for more than an hour and a half without the usbstick getting unmounted, so if you have this issue, go a few pages back and use the lolhack.sh code I posted - and you should be good.

Commenting out the cp db line in the sh file for some reason has the system running without sound, so - don't do it. :)

And yes - I also need to do hard reboots (cutting power), for the system to restart correctly after gpghax.

Chris1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a method for removing the blank game left in the main menu? Looking to just have access to games using emulator settings. Thanks In advance. Also is there a method to completely remove hack if I want to in future?

Last edited by Chris1979,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ah - it has reached the "feature" crowd. Instead of gleaning what their changes do, when they do them - or reading the past three pages of this thread, they just ask personal support questions. And silly me wasn't in favor of making youtube tutorial.

Edit whatever games you dont want to see anymore out of the custom.db file (remove two database lines basically). Then those games are gone. Does that make your system stock? No - because reasons you could have read on the past pages.

Do you have a backup of you regional.db? No? Then welcome to the club.

Do you no know what this is? Then why not, we've been talking about it for the past two days. And also mentioned that this is the reason, that peopl shouldnt make "youtube tutorial" on this. Because people like you would show up, demanding other to help them getting back to stock - without knowing anything about what they just did.

Its life imitating art. You first say whats going to happen, than you wait until it happens, which it always does. Kind of...

Also - if you mess up the custom.db editing the system could end up not booting into the game select screen, so know what you are doing. Oh - I forgot, you don't.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: TonyBiH

Chris1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah - it has reached the "feature" crowd. Instead of gleaning what their changes do, when they do them - or reading the past three pages of this thread, they just ask personal support questions. And silly me wasn't in favor of making youtube tutorial.

Edit whatever games you dont want to see anymore out of the custom.db file (remove two database lines basically). Then those games are gone. Does that make your system stock? No - because reasons you could have read on the past pages.

Do you have a backup of you regional.db? No? Then welcome to the club.

Do you no know what this is? Then why not, we've been talking about it for the past two days. And also mentioned that this is the reason, that peopl shouldnt make "youtube tutorial" on this. Because people like you would show up, demanding other to help them getting back to stock - without knowing anything about what they just did.

Its life imitating art. You first say whats going to happen, than you wait until it happens, which it always does. Kind of...

Also - if you mess up the custom.db editing the system could end up not booting into the game select screen, so know what you are doing. Oh - I forgot, you don't.
People learn by asking questions its pretty normal. If I want to risk bricking my console then thats my call and I will deal with it. I don't need your cocky Know it all daddy lecture! You want to just insult people for asking questions in forum? And I have read most everything thats why I am asking has anyone found out a way Because I have not seen anything regarding how to yet. And someone may have figured out a way that has not posted yet. A simple "not at this time or no" would be a much easier answer.

Last edited by Chris1979,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: