playing retail games on live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by XZShadowZZ, Mar 10, 2010.

Mar 10, 2010
  1. XZShadowZZ
    OP

Newcomer XZShadowZZ Member

United States
    If i played a retail game on xbox live but i have my xbox modded will i get banned?

2. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What have the other two hundred thousand posts said? lol.

Anway... If you played a game before it's releasaed... if you're games aren't properly stealthed/burnt etc., all these and more can get you banned. Banning usually happens in "Waves", sporadically. So, your best bet would be log in and see, since I don't know what you've played on your console, or how you burnt your dvds.

There is no 100% theory behind banning. You take your chances, I don't care who says otherwise.

Good luck.

Wynd

3. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    In the big banwave last year, it didn't matter how good the burns were or if they were stealthed or not. Just having flashed firmware was enough to get some people the banhammer, even if only retail discs were ever used on the system. Just because you haven't been banned yet doesn't mean you haven't been flagged for a future banwave.

4. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You've already risked being banned by flashing/modding your Xbox.

5. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    exactly the second i flashed my 360 with LT i knew one day i will be banned again, just the question is when if it takes a year for me to get banned i say it's worth it because you have alot of games come out that year and a 360 cost what 200dollars now thats 4games. I downlaod at least 80-90 in that year.

6. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

I have a question before I attempt to login to Xbox Live risking a ban,
    if you play games online with friends or other people around the world, do you have to pay for it, like do you need to get something like "Xbox 360 Live 3 Month Gold Card" to get Online Gaming?
    and what about Demo games like Super Street Fighter 2 Remix HD where it has to be play online using Ryu or Ken, do you need to pay for playing online on that game, too?

7. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

this isnt playstation 3 of course you have to pay or get a 1month free membership card