Hacking Playing PSP games from your computer through USB?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been trying unsuccessfully for the past couple of days, trying to figure out how to do this!

Basically, for those of you who don't know, there is a way to play PSP isos/csos on your PSP from your computer through USB. By having your PSP plugged in to your comp, you can browse through your computer's files, and play the isos.

I've tried every possible method out there, and still can't get it to work... I have a friend who has a friend that knows how to do this, but apparently he's a jerk and won't tell him, so that's no good. -___-;

Anyone at all know how to do this, or can point me out to a tutorial? I've tried doing it through irShell, and it didn't work, and I tried following this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnauOawhK5M

But not only does it not work, but I got 2 semi-bricks.

Help, please!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying unsuccessfully for the past couple of days, trying to figure out how to do this!

Basically, for those of you who don't know, there is a way to play PSP isos/csos on your PSP from your computer through USB. By having your PSP plugged in to your comp, you can browse through your computer's files, and play the isos.

I've tried every possible method out there, and still can't get it to work... I have a friend who has a friend that knows how to do this, but apparently he's a jerk and won't tell him, so that's no good. -___-;

Anyone at all know how to do this, or can point me out to a tutorial? I've tried doing it through irShell, and it didn't work, and I tried following this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnauOawhK5M

But not only does it not work, but I got 2 semi-bricks.

Help, please!

I am trying this right now, seems to be working so far. I in the progress of doing it on my 3.90, Ill update in a couple of minutes

nevermind its probably similar to what you were doing, It crashed the PSP and now it freezes on reboot...lol

I removed the link, so no one tries it, semi-bricks psp

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems exactly the same as the youtube link I posted, except with a different program. I sure hope it works though! Let me know! :3

umm, stay away from this, bricked my psp, Im gonna have to panadora
frown.gif

Reseting setting in recovery didnt work

When i Disabled the plugins associated with the program and than reset settings, PSP started

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, just as I thought. It's the same that happened to me.

The way I fixed it is formatting your flash in the Recovery menu, and then REMOVE YOUR MEMORY STICK. It contains some corrupt data.

Just take it out, go to the System Options, go to Format Memory Stick, then stick it in, and quickly accept. It'll fix it up.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried the plugin you linked to, but I keep getting "Could not get remote list" error when I try to initiate the USBHost. I'm doing this on a PSP Slim on 3.90-M33. I also found a devHook mod that would do it, but you have to have at least the 1.50 Kernal add on.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just gave up and used pandora and downgraded to 3.71. Working on upgrading to 3.80. The easier way to play iso from computer is with irShell. The problem is the 3.90 patch does not enable the ability to launch iso correctly. When you choose an iso from your computer it always loads the UMD you have, in my case, Hot Shots Golf. I heard it works fine in 3.80 m33-5. 3.90 does not offer anything special for phat users or slim users that do not need the voice chat program.

For anyone that does not have pandora:

maybe you can download one of those programs made for the magic memory sticks that will downgrade your psp while used with pandora, but maybe you can do it without pandora, its worth a try.

*Update*
Even after downgrading to 3.80. irShell still refuses to load ISO/CSO, probably gonna have to find another method. I remember irShell working well before, but that was when I was on 3.40-oe

*Update again*

got it to work finally, use the program at this thread

it says it only works in firmware 3.90, but I just tested in 3.80 and works fine, although its hard to read the text. Its better than nothing. The white text overlaps with other text on my screen. This method does not use irShell but plugins instead. I cannot get it to run homebrew tho or psx games, but it does work with iso/cso, I tried about 15 different files

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... well that is a LOT better than nothing. I really don't care about homebrew cause those are usually small anyway, but I did care about PSX backups though. Im sure we'll figure something out :3 Thanks for testing, durb! I'm gonna try it out right now.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can apparently use homebrew if you use nethost, but I cannot seem to get it to work. I tried changing the ip # in the config file and disabled firewall, oh well. Let me know if you have better luck. Playing games without usb cable, would be cool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)