Playing online with a Pokemon OR Romhack.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ArmoredGuns1, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ArmoredGuns1
    OP

ArmoredGuns1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    Hello, I want to make my own Omega Ruby romhack. All I want to do is to change the music that is used when playing online. I've been using this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/ but I still have some questions:

1) Is Braindump the only way of decrypting a CIA file that is already installed in the 3DS? Is there any faster way? (because Braindump is incredibly slow).

2) I don't care about HANS (since it's incompatible with game updates, so I wouldn't be able to play online either way). I want to repack my romhack as a CIA. The problem is, the Braindump method doesn't dump the exHeader and I need that file in order to build my romhack with 3DS Builder. What's a solution to this problem?

Thank you a lot for your time and help.

2. ShiroKyouma

ShiroKyouma Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    I'm just a noob but:

1) Decrypt 9 (only for 9.2 or lower sysnand)

2) With decrypt 9 method you can extract the exHeader, then 3ds rom rebuilder and then cia converter.

Actually @Asia81 made a tutorial about ROM hacking, you can see the decrypt 9 method, 3ds ROM rebuilder and cia converter there.