Gaming Playing online through LIVE safe

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the Street.Fighter.IV-RELOADED release and I was thinking if it is safe to play online through "Games for Windows LIVE" with it. Anyone doing it here?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
No. It won't work anyway. When you play through LIVE, you have to register a key for SF4.
yup

you cant play online or even sign into your live account

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then it looks like I'll buy it. Wanna play some Street Fighter online
wink.gif

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I heard you could go buy ANY game that has a windows live online key, and use that same key to play all your windows live games online.
so instead of buying the pc version of sf4 if you wanted to save money you could just just buy at 19 dollar game, DL sf4 and use the key from the 19 dollar game for sf4

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Myke said:
I heard you could go buy ANY game that has a windows live online key, and use that same key to play all your windows live games online.
so instead of buying the pc version of sf4 if you wanted to save money you could just just buy at 19 dollar game, DL sf4 and use the key from the 19 dollar game for sf4

I've heard the same thing, and I tried it and my Kane and Lynch code worked fine with a pirated copy of GTAIV, haven't tried online though since I can't run the game very well but apparently it works.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
Myke said:

I've heard the same thing, and I tried it and my Kane and Lynch code worked fine with a pirated copy of GTAIV, haven't tried online though since I can't run the game very well but apparently it works.

Microsoft fucked up big time. One key works unlimited times on any game and several keys can be used simultaneously.
I know this because I checked it all myself.

chA1nBull3t

Trophies
Website
www.kalam1ty.co.cc
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur said:
Law said:
Myke said:

Microsoft fucked up big time. One key works unlimited times on any game and several keys can be used simultaneously.
I know this because I checked it all myself.

REALLY!? Holy, I gotta try this next time. I got my copy of the shitty Halo 2 port for PC.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysterio123 said:
whats the cheapest game that has the key?

I picked up Universe at War: Earth Assault for $6 new at Big Lots a few months ago, and I've heard of people picking it up cheaper. As much as I'd like to test this, I've lost my LIVE code that came with said disc.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So What's going on is that if you have a legal game key you can use it on any pirated version like COD WAW and it will work like a legal version no cracked servers no banning nothing?

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
IchigoSJ said:
So What's going on is that if you have a legal game key you can use it on any pirated version like COD WAW and it will work like a legal version no cracked servers no banning nothing?

If WAW uses Games for Windows Live.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
IchigoSJ said:

To the bargin bin. And does that work for all windows live games don't some have extra protection.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
IchigoSJ said:
Law said:
IchigoSJ said:

To the bargin bin. And does that work for all windows live games don't some have extra protection.

Worked for all the GFWL games I've tried, weird WAW that it's a GFWL game though, I would have thought it'd use the same Serial Number system that was in CoD4.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
IchigoSJ said:
Law said:
IchigoSJ said:

Worked for all the GFWL games I've tried, weird WAW that it's a GFWL game though, I would have thought it'd use the same Serial Number system that was in CoD4.
This made my day now all I can hope for is that I have enough money by Christmas to buy a computer.

Frostshocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol wait so to clear things up you can buy a cheap legit GFWL and then pirate SF4 for example and play it online WITH the legit key from the other game?

EDIT: If what i think you guys said is true dosent that mean we could get a serial key off the internet and a pirated wersion of w/e and it should work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-