Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so lately i have been listening to alot of music when gaming

I always listen to music when im gaming especially on my 360 as i think it helps me relax and get into the game

So heres my question. Is it possible to create a homebrew app, or maybe something added on to moonshell or something completely new so that you could have music playing in the background of the game you are playing. Eg say you are playing a game you could press a certain set of buttons like you would for other features like slowmo or RTS. and then this would lwt you star song, change song ect.

This would also be great for the Wii but im more focused on the DS at this moment in time

Im only asking you because i now only the basics of coding and so i would be much use

Logically i thought it might be easier with flashcarts with firmware based around moonshell Eg M3 (sakura)

Thanks so much

PS: If there is already something like this out there or if it is not possible then please tell me

nickbaker50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure it is possible. It would mean that the homebrew would be running as the game, which I am not sure the ds can handle. Also you would have to overwrite the games audio which would mean a dif hack for each game. You could get around that one though if you had the option of muting that game in the games own settings.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've always wondered. I know you can do this on the 360 but can it be done on PS3 as well? I prefer to buy PS3 games over 360 games these days (saves spending money on Xbox Live) but with certain games I prefer my own music. Is it possible on PS3?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
justinrocks123 said:
Not possible search the hundreds of other threads asking this... and it'll tell you why.

Ive read some more on it and now i no its not possible, sorry for not fully searching ( I Suck at searching )
I just wanted to say kudos for this. Most of the time we get people going "NO STFU I THUGHT MABE IT CHANG BY NOW AND DS GOT STRONGER!!!!!!" but you were really cool about it. Thank you.

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Vague Rant said:
danny600kill said:
justinrocks123 said:
Not possible search the hundreds of other threads asking this... and it'll tell you why.

Ive read some more on it and now i no its not possible, sorry for not fully searching ( I Suck at searching )
I just wanted to say kudos for this. Most of the time we get people going "NO STFU I THUGHT MABE IT CHANG BY NOW AND DS GOT STRONGER!!!!!!" but you were really cool about it. Thank you.

W8 so the ds didn't get stronger
unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

well theres no point in arguing if your just guna fail

i just have to live with using my ipod speakers or my laptop so its not tht bad

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not possible as a homebrew (things like soft-reset, RTS are not homebrew) but like these featires it could be possible for the flashcard teams to add to the list of features...i think it would make the game lag though, using all that RAM has to have a bad effect.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
I've always wondered. I know you can do this on the 360 but can it be done on PS3 as well? I prefer to buy PS3 games over 360 games these days (saves spending money on Xbox Live) but with certain games I prefer my own music. Is it possible on PS3?

I believe it is possible to listen to your own music in-game on PS3. I know you can access XMB during game, and I think that allows you to play music. Anyway, WAY off topic.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well couldnt you thou if you ran it through the YS-Menu on Moonshell have a set up that its playing then boot up the game you want to play through moonshell? im not a programmer but i was just curious if you could do it that one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup