Playing mp3

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ftw_uk, Jun 8, 2011.

Jun 8, 2011

Playing mp3 by ftw_uk at 4:00 AM (549 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ftw_uk
    OP

Newcomer ftw_uk Member

United States
    I'm very new so please forgive me if this is a really bonkers question. [​IMG]

I've got my r4i ultra and i've got the games working but when I put music on there is no option to pause the track, move to the next track or anything else.

I put the AKAIO 1.8.6a (thing on) and I read around and it said put moonshell on to play the music. I did that and followed the instructions copying over the moonshell folder and the moonshel-autopatch-defalt file to the root of the card but it doesn't appear to make any difference.

When the console boots up I get the DORASU option - Pictochat option - DDS Download Play option and the settings icon at the bottom but no moonshell player or anything?

Have I misunderstood something I've read? Very probably lol [​IMG]

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Moonshell will not alter how AKAIO's built-in player functions.

Moonshell is a homebrew (unofficial software) music player for flashcarts. homebrew's have an extension of .nds and thus, can be loaded just like regular games. Locate the .nds file for Moonshell and execute it, just like loading a game. You will see a new screen where you will be able to navigate through your folders; locate your music files and play them. I personally don't use moonshell that much, so I don't remember specific commands that will allow you to change track, fast-forward, etc. Maybe somebody else can teach you those.

3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    DORASU is the acekard. Click on this, then boot Moonshell in AKAIO

4. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Run the .nds file named moonshell.nds (or something similar), and it should work. You could try other homebrew, but Moonshell is your best option, it will read text files, run pictures and movies and also run .mp3 and other audio files.

5. ftw_uk
    OP

Newcomer ftw_uk Member

United States
    thanks for the advice folks [​IMG]