Playing games on both linked SYSNAND&RedNAND

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Keylogger, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    If I install games/updates/DLC on RedNAND with sysconfig tool, can I play these games on SYSNAND if NANDs are linked?

2. Cava

Cava GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2016
    Hungary
    If you installed it to an USB drive then yes even if NANDs are unlinked but DLC won't work in sysNAND unless you paid for it. And the savegames will be different too so you can't load saves in sysNAND if it's created in redNAND and vice-versa.

MattKimura likes this.
  3. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    Before anyone gets the wrong idea, this is a badly asked question.

System Config Tool when used to install games is no different than wupinstaller really. The main difference here is that it is an official Developer Tool, but as far as signed content goes, it listens to IOS-MCP (I think that's the right one). It does not have extra permission to install broken titles or anything as far as I am aware on a retail console.

If the game is using the Ticket bug which allows you to use a Disc Ticket with NUS Content, yes, it should work on redNAND and sysNAND.

If the content is using a patched/generated Ticket installed through redNAND/WUP fw.img, no it will not work on sysNAND alone. It *should* work with the wupserver fw.img though.

Personally I have not an SD card big enough quite yet, so I've been working with system nand. Lol

Last edited by EclipseSin, Nov 4, 2016
  4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    My savedata loads fine on both nands.

Cava likes this.
  5. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    The titles will show up; however, you won't be able to launch them. You'd have to install the title on sysNAND as well. This is because sysNAND won't have the title installed.

6. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    Wait, what?

7. DanTheMan827

DanTheMan827 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You can use disc tickets to install eShop games onto a USB drive or the Wii U NAND

They work like official games and can be updated as well...

8. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    Oh wait, I should have re-read that, sorry.