Playing game from NOR memory

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Torch59, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Torch59
    OP

Torch59 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    When you load a game into NOR memory, if you load a different one into the NOR, will you lose the save data from the game that was in the NOR prior?

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Which flashcard do you use?

3. Torch59
    OP

Torch59 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    R4DS

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I think Technicmaster0 meant the GBA slot side of things.

For the likes of the EZ4 then no. Also if you are using an EZ4 with an R4 then stop and consider yourself lucky that you did not toast your EZ4.

For the likes of the 3 in 1.... if you mean "can I write a new game to my NOR and then if I realise I had an old save on there can I get it back" then I would say "no, you should have backed up the save first". It may happen that you can still get the save back and if it did happen then yeah that scenario would probably play out time after time but for the most part you have lost it unless you backed it up or the program you use to write it backed it up.
    If you want to get really technical then there were some experiments with multirom for the 3 in 1 (mainly for the EZ5 kernel but a few tried outside it), in that case you could have multiple games and saves but such work was more or less abandoned before it took off (far too fiddly for no great gain).

5. Torch59
    OP

Torch59 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I think it's an EZ5. It says EZV on the front, but I haven't been bold enough to check the circuitry yet. I didn't purchase it myself, it actually came with the Lite when my friend gave me his old one; I just happened to have an R4 card as well. How do you back up the NOR save then? I have two 32 GB games, but I don't want to play the other until I'm certain my Mother 3 save is backed up.

6. Torch59
    OP

Torch59 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Nevermind, EZflash V is the 3-in-1 expansion pack, that's what I have. How do you back it up?