Gaming Playing Early Released Games

Da Foxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My sources today have informed me that Ghostbusters The Video Game is out and I plan to get it. The question is its safe to play the game early or is there a high chance of risking a ban? Should I just disconnect my Xbox 360 till the game is released or should I just leave it on? I've never played an early release before so I want to take all precautions before I play the game on my Xbox. Any information you guys have would be awesome, even theories.

What about creating an offline profile and playing the game while disconnected? I wouldn't mind playing the game again to get the achievements on my real profile.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all depends who you talk to. I've heard of people getting banned from playing early releases, but I don't know anyone that has been. So say if I preordered a game and the store releases it early, which I've gotten games up to a week early before from local mom and pop type stores. Does MS have the right to ban your membership? The only people I know that have been banned using games that are not properly stealth patched.

There are also theories that if you play disconnected, it saves your info anyway on the 360, so when you log in next time, you can possibly get a ban. That seems a bit more far fetched but possible.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only real time you get banned from playing something early is if it's a leaked reviewers copy. It's incredibly rare but it does happen. Last time I heard it was with Saints Row 2 last year. And the worse part is that they ban in waves not right away lol.

That being said, Ghostbusters should be safe. I'm playing it right now (see sig) and everything seems AOK. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who played Halo 3 over an entire month before it's actual release and was never banned.

Da Foxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gaisuto said:
The only real time you get banned from playing something early is if it's a leaked reviewers copy. It's incredibly rare but it does happen. Last time I heard it was with Saints Row 2 last year. And the worse part is that they ban in waves not right away lol.

That being said, Ghostbusters should be safe. I'm playing it right now (see sig) and everything seems AOK. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who played Halo 3 over an entire month before it's actual release and was never banned.
Okay! I guess I'll just play the innocent buyer who got this game early from the store if people ask.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: