Playing Black Ops on Configurable USB Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by DarthVader3257, Nov 10, 2010.

1. DarthVader3257
    OP

Newcomer DarthVader3257 Member

United States
    Hi guys! Today, I downloaded Black Ops, but I noticed that it doesn't run on my USB Loader GX, and I read that you have to do some stuff in order for it to work with Configurable USB Loader, so I went ahead and downloaded it. The game starts up fine except for the part after it says Activision and where it just says Loading... and the dots keep moving but never really loads. After that, I downloaded a WAD but I have no idea how the Configurable USB Loader recognizes it after you installl the WAD using WAD Manager. Basically, how am I supposed to get the Configurable USB Loader to recognize the WAD after installing it through WAD Manager? Basically, I am a COMPLETE newbie to cIOS and stuff like that, so can you guys try to give me step-by-step instructions to get Call of Duty: Black Ops to work flawlessly using Configurable USB Loader (by flawlessly I mean no Loading... forever, no zombie and multiplayer blocked, basically run it like a normal Black Ops game.) Thanks! [​IMG]

2. C0LAD0

Newcomer C0LAD0 Newbie

United States
    Well, I have the same issue and I'm using Config USB loader V61a3 and IOS249 (r17) and got the same symptoms that you described, game loads up to the Activision screen, the at loading nothing happens. I can exit the loading screen by turning the Wii with the remote.
    I also went to my second Wii with the same loader version but with IOS249 (r20) and the game freezes at the loading screen, the Wii needs a hard reset to unfreeze.

3. C0LAD0

Newcomer C0LAD0 Newbie

United States
    Ok, I did the following to fix it, Refer to the following:

http://gbatemp.net/t264014-black-ops-ap-pr...tion?&st=60

222 not good
    223 not good
    224 works only campaign
    249 or 250, rev 19 or 20 in base 57 works
    online multi player, trouble connecting but created a second profile and then back to the original works

4. DarthVader3257
    OP

United States
    Thanks bro. [​IMG] But the thing is, I don't know how to put these on the Wii, where to download them, what to do with it in WAD Manager, and how to get Configurable USB Loader to recognize them. [​IMG]

5. LxTrix

Member LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have
    cIOS249[56]-v20
    cIOS250[37]-v20
    installed on 4.2u

What do you mean in base 57?

6. DarthVader3257
    OP

United States
    I think he means it like this:

cIOS250[57]-v20.wad

And can you guys give me a step-by-step tutorial on how to change your cIOS?

7. TheNikkoMan

Newcomer TheNikkoMan Advanced Member

Norway
    http://filetrip.net/g25124918-cIOS-Installer.html

Download the file, unpack it and copy it to the root of the sdcard.

Eject your sd, put it in your wii, boot it and start homebrewchannel.

Press cios-installer or something like that. If you hear "Take me on" by Aha in the background you pressed the right one [​IMG]

I presume you already have a cios, so at the first prompt just choose ios249

When it asks you what base you should use, use 57 vsomething.

When it asks you where to install it to, you can choose 250.

Most likely you can just use network install (press right on d-pad)

watch it fly!

I don't know if you want or need it any more detailed, but if you do, let me know.
    But now its enough helping others, I need some help too [​IMG] I have 4.2E, and I am also trying to play codbo, but it doesn't work. I have cios249 base 56 and cios250 base 57, both installed with the guide above. Also, I use cfgloader cfg61t1, which is supposed to work. I start cfg, it takes 1 and a half minute btw, but it finishes, choose codbo, go to setting as make it use cios250. But when I boot I get black screen and wiimote powers off! What am I doing wrong? Everyone else got it working with this method, and I also tried neogamma and usb loader gx, but the same. The dump is ntsc btw, but I tried to force ntsc mode and still the same -_-
    [​IMG]

8. Aint2krayzie

Newcomer Aint2krayzie Member

United States
    For Some Reason i Tried the cios [57] v20 and it wouldn't work for me either.
    I'm on 4.2U and was able to get it to work with Cios [57] v19 on 249.
    Campaign, Zombie , and multiplay all work fine , including Wifi .
    i doubt it makes a difference if it's on 249 or 250. but i had an old install
    version of it that only let me install it on 249.

9. TheNikkoMan

Newcomer TheNikkoMan Advanced Member

Norway
    As always, I manage to fix it myself right after posting for help [​IMG] sigh
    At the first try I unpacked the rar on ubuntu, and then transferred with WBFS on windows. That didn't work. But this time I unpacked it on windows and user wiithon to push it to the HDD. Multiplayer works, so yay me [​IMG]

10. DarthVader3257
    OP

United States
    Can you explain exactly what you did step-by-step like earlier? I wanna try it out! [​IMG]

PS: I'm trying out the other instructions you gave me, but I just want to make sure I don't brick my Wii. xD

11. threestripes

Newcomer threestripes Newbie

United Kingdom
    Cheers NikkoMan. Those instructions allowed me to play CoDBO on my 3.2E softmodded Wii on GX after repeated failures.

12. DarthVader3257
    OP

United States
    I love you man! Got it to work! [​IMG]

13. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    see later post.

14. RVD420

Newcomer RVD420 Member

United States
    Just use cfg loader 61t1 with IOS 249 V20 base 57

15. Hielkenator

Netherlands
    Yes just use any cios with base 57 to load.
    I'm using CFG usb oader v60 ( release) without problems , or use uloader 5.1 with cios 224- base57.

16. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I have followed TheNikkoMan's post up to:

Eject your sd, put it in your wii, boot it and start homebrewchannel.

When I go to Homebrew Manager I don't see any option to:

Press cios-installer or something like that. If you hear "Take me on" by Aha in the background you pressed the right one

What do I need?
    I've only ever softmodded my Wii and not really done anything else except use CFG USB Loader.

17. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
    Try checking if the .dol file inside the cIOS installer thingy is called boot.dol if it isnt re-name it and "Take me on" is a song by Aha >.>

18. Hielkenator

Netherlands
    Use v60 of Cfg usb loader.

19. Bat420maN

Member Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After tons of trial and error the only method I found to work was using the 249 version of ConfigV60, then using 224 with the 57 base to run the game.

20. ashep2010

Newcomer ashep2010 Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, brand new to the softmod world, don't really know what i'm doing here.
    so, i have the homebrew and everything,
    and i've finally managed to get black ops to work on my wii (that was a headache.).
    however i go to play multiplayer mode and it tells me i must download an update to play.
    problem:
    my wii shop channel is not updated. i know how to download the update, but i'm concerned that doing so will remove the softmod homebrew channel, and anything i've added to it.

my question: will updating my wii shop channel delete the softmod, or any associated files?

thanks for reading, any help will be greatly appreciated.