Playing 3ds online without downloading update

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by XiTaU, Aug 3, 2013.

1. XiTaU
    OP

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    is it possible to play online games on my newly purchased 3ds if i only turn the wireless on while ingame or can it still download the update while ingame and nag me to update every time its switched on?

Thanks for the heads up if u have any info because i cant be bothered with the nagging if thats the case ill keep it for offline play and im sure someone will click yes if i have the popup.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you might need to update to play on line

to be safe do not go online at all(do not even setup any connections, to be on the safe side

, if the update d/ls a every time to go to the 3ds home menu a popuot will ask you to install the update

3. XiTaU
    OP

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    ur reply didnt help at all u just said everything i knew but not anything about what i asked

4. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    It most likely will nag you. Depends on the games.

5. XiTaU
    OP

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    what i really wanna know if i join a kid icarus game with wifi on will it download the update while im playing or am i safe to do it or nobody knows the answer?

6. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Like I said, it most likely will. However it depends on the game. And I'm pretty sure no one made a list of those games. ( just be careful as many games can do spotpass when you play.)

7. Isle41

Isle41 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Just test it yourself :/
    The game won't force the update, but it might say 'an update is available' inside the game (what Duo8 said).

8. XiTaU
    OP

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    ok i just played an hour of kid icarus online and restarted my system and havent got any alerts to update so im guessing turning on wifi in kid icarus multi is safe if anyone is interested.