Homebrew Play Psx/Ps1 on DS (Download + Tutorial)

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok as i said yesterday i will make a Configuration for a Psx which run along side Win2DS.... the game is kinda laggy like anyone said would be but it is still depends on the kind of game...if you spotted any bugs,crashes, black screens report it here...

Download: http://www.2shared.c...7C3/PSX_DS.html

the tutorial is inside the download....

Edit: i forgot to change the PsxDS_(Basic).exe icon... the icon is still the P64 icon.... will change the icon later....

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
this is different from the last time... the Moderator said that GBAtemp community is incapable of assisting you. so no one could help me... and made it myself....

In the last topic i am searching for help but in this topic i am releasing the program...

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Another bug: I can't play PS1 without Win2DS running.
Yet another bug: I have to take my laptop with me if I want to play PS1 games on the go. I get better compatibility and portability if I just get EPSXE and tote my laptop around instead.

Reactions: 2 people

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Another bug: I can't play PS1 without Win2DS running.
Yet another bug: I have to take my laptop with me if I want to play PS1 games on the go. I get better compatibility and portability if I just get EPSXE and tote my laptop around instead.
My thoughts exactly.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont recommend ePSXe because it will lag more.... pSX is the best option.... dont worry about the bugs this is only my 1st release,i will will terminate those bugs when i find them...

Edit: not all laptop or PC can emulate ePSXe... and pSX is more easier to use and no configuration to the people who are new in emulation

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont recommend ePSXe because it will lag more.... pSX is the best option.... dont worry about the bugs this is only my 1st release,i will will terminate those bugs when i find them...
/facepalm

Until you can fix so that you don't have to sit near your PC/laptop to play a laggy PSX game on the DS then feel free to share otherwise i'm sure most of us prefer to use a PC emulator or a PSP or a real PS1 console.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Edit: not all laptop or PC can emulate ePSXe... and pSX is more easier to use and no configuration to the people who are new in emulation
Easier to use? No configuration?

All you have to do with ePSXe is choose where your ROMs are, set the controls, and play! I've never had to configure my emulator in more than about two cases, and that was so I could have our Xbox 360 controller configured to it and so I could smooth out some few graphical errors.

...except with maybe Final Fantasy 7, but that was because of slowdown because the game was just too epic. I had to switch to the PC version to fix it.

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Easier to use? No configuration?

All you have to do with ePSXe is choose where your ROMs are, set the controls, and play! I've never had to configure my emulator in more than about two cases, and that was so I could have our Xbox 360 controller configured to it and so I could smooth out some few graphical errors.

...except with maybe Final Fantasy 7, but that was because of slowdown because the game was just too epic. I had to switch to the PC version to fix it.
Gotta agree with this ePSXe is easier to use.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hmm... ill try to lessen the graphics of the emulator.... but recently i played Megaman 8 with lesser lag....
This has nothing to do with the graphics on the emulator. Win2DS on the DS side receives data in form of screenshots over Wi-Fi - there is only so much bandwidth that can be dedicated for it. In other words, on the PC side, Win2DS creates a screenshot. Next, it scales it to a desired and pre-determined size. Then it sends it over the Internet or LAN to the DS. There, the DS processes the data and draws it pixel by pixel onto a Bitmap layer, which in itself is slow. At the same time, it checks for user input such as stylus movement or buttons input. Then, it sends this info via, again, the Internet or LAN to the PC. The PC interprets this input as keyboard presses or mouse movement/mouse presses.

All in all, you have a constant exchange of information. While on the PC side it's quite quick and doesn't cause issues, on the DS side, printing the pixels on a Bitmap is relatively slow, not to mention post-processing of the recieved image to even fit the screen by zooming and so on and so forth.

Practically to make this work, the PSX emulator would have to work in a non-standard resolution of 256x192, which is the native DS screen, preferably in 256 colours mode, Win2DS would have to be forced to grab only that window, for example by changing the screen resolution of the PC what in turn will cause a *horrible mess*. All in all, this has no real chances of working correctly and has nothing to do with "emulation" on the DS, as the emulation part is done on the PC. The issue here is the speed at which the DS draws onto the Bitmap and the speed at which it receives data over LAN/WAN.

There is a reason why most cutscenes on the DS are filmed in 30 FPS and with horrible quality - the process is slow from FAT, let alone from Wi-Fi.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!