play ps3 modded games offline while connected to the internet

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SixSenseEagle, Jun 25, 2012.

1. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

:unsure: Say for instance if i wanted to play gta 4 story mode modded offline while connected to the internet will i get banned i don't want to mod games online like call of duty and maxpanye 3 and stuff thats not me i play faithfully i just wanted to know will i get banned??? :unsure:

2. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    The only way to get banned so far is to get caught cheating online. So if you don't get caught it ok ^^.
    Right now you can even spoof your console id so even if banned­... or get someone else banned haha

1 person likes this.
  3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Not all game servers work like that - some can actually pick up whether or not you are playing a backup and whether or not you use a dongle. Your console still CAN get flagged and it CAN get banned and the process of unbanning is not as easy as you lead the OP to believe.

It is still NOT recommended to play pirated games on the PS3 online without properly barricading yourself with applications like f*ckPSN and the likes.

1 person likes this.
  4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    stop being paranoid, nothing will happen to you if you stay offline, just stay away from online multiplayer because then you will be asking for trouble as people will just report you for cheating, it's not worth it in the long run.

1 person likes this.