exdeath255

OP
Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
idk if this is common knowledge or not but for GBA VC and DS cart games, if you hold start while booting, they go into original resolution instead of scaled.. also for GB/GBC games they do it too but also have a custom border.

Last edited by exdeath255,
Reactions: Tanuki_xF

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This has been know for a long time, but it's the first time i heard about GBA.
And with GB and GBC, if you turn on the 3D effect while playing in original resolution, the 3DS will simulate the effect as like the originals.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This applies to all Virtual Console and DS/DSiWare games, though I have never tested it with NES/SNES games. For GB/GBC games you get a nice gameboy image instead of the black bars.
NES/SNES are always running at the same resolution and 4:3 aspect ratio. However for SNES you can change the aspect ratio in settings to original to make the picture crisp. No 3D effect is available for NES/SNES games.

CeeDee

art by @x65943
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This applies to all Virtual Console and DS/DSiWare games, though I have never tested it with NES/SNES games. For GB/GBC games you get a nice gameboy image instead of the black bars.
Doesn't work with NES games, SNES has an option inside the VC itself to make it "perfect pixel" mode (original resolution)

supergamer368

Mostly lurker, full idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UGH WHYYYYYYYYY IS THIS A TUTORIAL???? THIS WORKS FOR DS MODE, GAMEBOY AND GAMEBOY COLOR! You can also turn the effect of the original Game Boy VC by holding L+R, and then press Y to toggle from Green or White Game Boy.

Reactions: sneef and bonoboy
D

Deleted User

I wonder if for people who dont like to play GBA on 3DS, know about this and if this would change their opinion or not
they won't, there's a terrible colour filter that makes everything washed out and terrible

also gg reviving a dead thread, again

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply orally for Aspergers, apply rectally for COVID.