Hacking Emulator play gba title on ds r4 revolution or how to play it??

Gianji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I am the owner of a R4 revolution for DS and a R4i + GOLD 3DS / DS

I would like to play some GBA title I just don't understand if I can do it or not.

i tried lameboy but it doesn't charge me GBA game, but only GB and GBC work ..

for GBA is there a way to play with one of these cards or how can I do? thank you

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Phat/Lite: If it's green on this list, you can use GBARunner2. Otherwise you'll need either a GBA flashcart or a slot 2 forwarder cart thing. I have an EZFlash 3-in-1, but I don't know if those are still being made/sold.

DSi: Use GBARunner2

3DS: GBARunner2, Retroarch, or Virtual Console inject. Virtual Console injects have perfect compatibility, since it's running on the internal GBA.

If you're not an idiot you can skip this paragraph, but I have to include it because idiots exist and have made a big deal out of it in the past. For those that need it, by internal GBA I mean the embedded or emulated chips containing the electrical hardware of the GBA and the electrical hardware of the GBA cartridge, but not the plastic shells of either or the original motherboards of either the original GBA or original GBA cartridges.

Reactions: tchp123

Gianji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I immediately ran to see GBARunner and it works perfectly on my old style DSfat and now I can play my GBA games.
Thanks so much!!!!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For completeness one might also mention open_agb_firm on the 3DS, though that is basically an alternative means of accessing virtual console injects.

GBARunner2, Retroarch, or Virtual Console inject. Virtual Console injects have perfect compatibility, since it's running on the internal GBA.
Wouldn't it be better to use mGBA instead of Retroarch if you wanted to go that route?

Reactions: tchp123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1