Play any rom through Virtual Console

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by testnew, Oct 12, 2014.

1. testnew
    OP

testnew Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Hi everybody, :yaynds:
    I was thinking about exploiting the Virtual Console to play any Game Boy and NES roms on 3DS, as we can play most Playstation 1 games on PSP using the popsloader. See what I mean ? What's your opinion guys ?

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I think it's easier to run Gameyob (or some NES emulator) on a DS flash cart

3. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I think you are trolling......... but here its already been done.

4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    There's a thread about doing this, if you have a Gateway.

5. testnew
    OP

testnew Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Oh ok thanks, but I was talking about doing this without any flashcard, of course. :mellow:

6. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    That won't be doable until there's a hack that lets you play commercial 3ds games without a flashcard too. Homebrew emulators should be available without flashcard before that tho.

7. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    Hi everybody, :yaynds:
    I was thinking about Hacking the virtual console even tho i have no skills but it must be easy cuz the psp does it with ps1 right?

nah but in all seriousness why the post like this? are you this clueless lol yes there is a way to do this with a gateway already no there isnt a way to do it on the latest firmware...and probably wont be however you will probably be able to use the homebrew emulators provided that smealum releases his homebrew userland exploit soon

8. Jao Chu
    This message by Jao Chu has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 13, 2014, Reason: trolling.
    Oct 12, 2014
  9. Moaz13
    This message by Moaz13 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 13, 2014.
    Oct 12, 2014
  10. Venseer
    This message by Venseer has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 13, 2014.
    Oct 12, 2014
  11. testnew
    OP

testnew Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Alright, thanks for the answers ! :lol: